[amibroker] Re: SFE Data

Graham, thanks for reporting your experience. I can see by
your response that you are waaaay ahead of me in using Amibroker. First of all,
you need to be aware that my competence in using Amibroker is very limited. With
that said, I have invented some custom indicators that mostly give good buy
signals.  I have been using only daily mode up until tonight.
Tonight, I decided to check the weekly mode in order to see if it would help
in determining which of the buy arrows are to be trusted, and which of the
buy arrows are not so good.    I was quite impressed when I
looked at the weekly mode. I discovered that all of the good buy arrows
also showed to be good when I viewed them in the weekly mode.
And I was very pleased to see that when viewed in the weekly mode,
the  not so good buy arrows showed a series of down weeks.
So I then decided to check the user manuel in order to learn how to to run the
scans in the weekly mode.  I wrongly assumed that if I run the scans in the
weekly mode, that all of the buy arrows could be trusted.   When I
included TimeFrameSet(inweekly) in my scans, the results appeared to be no
different than when I ran them in only daily mode.  When viewing the
results of the scans, I still had to switch from daily to weekly view in order
to know if the buy arrows were to be trusted.  If this is the best results
that can be achieved, then I think I will buy another video card that will allow
me to have 4 monitors so that I can have one monitor set to always display the
weekly view, and another to display the daily view. This should not have to be
necessary if I properly understand what TimeFrameSet(inweekly) is supposed to
do. I  have a lot of other things that I need to do in my life,  so I
need to minimize the time that I have to devote to investing.   Regarding
this comment of yours>>> An example is I am finding turning points on
the weekly timeframe, then going to daily to find the bar at which the TP
actually occurs. So far I have only been partially successful as I often get
consecutive days shown, one correct one not.      Now
Ron D is talking again. >>>I have had a different experience than
you.  I have done the same thing only once, and in this one instance, I
found that the daily signal was compatible with the weekly signal. Probably just
a coincidence.  The spellcheck does not work in
this computer, so you will have to put up with spelling errors.
Later Ron D