Re: [amibroker] Plot with minvalue and maxvalue

Harvey/Forum
You're correct about it being one's perspective
that makes a difference and using something like this falls in what one would
call a set up;  and the weightings in the 9 month 12 month
ROC may be relevant to some extent for the long term trader like myself and
others.  I found what I thought was
historical/experimental support for this relative scoring from the two Columbine
white papers who I believe it was Chuck led us to in the forum.  There they
call it momentum and use a physical analogy of momentum...a body in motion,
tends to remain in motion.. trends tend to continue ...unless it hits bad
news!  The Columbine service goes further and develops a quintile or
deciles stack, something I haven't tried yet, and sells the service to
institutions, the primary competitor or support for the long term
trader/investor.

I used the AA optimize function to lead me to the
"best" coefficients for the RSQP equation and I find that for the past trend in
small caps like the IBD 100, i.e.. you find if the equity curve improves for the
family average as you iterate the coefficients from the base over different
time windows 252 bars, 504 bars, etc.   The base case  being the
RSQP equation that gets posted with the 4 2 2 2.coefficients.. it
shifts most of the weight to the 3 -6 months section,  If you tried to
'fit' this to last 508 days then weighting will spread.. I tried this on various
families and composite indexes and just now for RU2000, for past 252 bars I get
4.5, 3, 2, 0.5
while for 504 bars it's 6, 2.7, 0.65, 0.65...
shifting almost entirely to the best performing 3 and 6 months.
FWIW.  These were two, 10,000 iteration optimizations in 4 minutes!! Ain't
technology grand!

But as Van Tharp says, the set up for trades
probably should be only 10% of your effort in developing a system, and further
that you probably should buy your setup or fundamental info from experts.
I found that in a simple trading system with a breakout entry, and end of
trend exits, that the use of RSQP to set Relative Score (without the deciles
stack) increase the returns significantly. That's for several different
approaches in systems I've had in development. Unfortunately none are
finished. I'm having too much fun with this.  <FONT face=Arial
size=2>
When I asked my friend and resident expert about developing a deciles
ranking like IBD's RS, he said I'd need the Osaka plug in to do it, and since
that was Sat, I haven't taken the time to look it up to see the level of
difficulty of using this function.  Looks like Ace's work can do this for
me also.   Can anyone point me to past discussions on the plug
in?   Yeh I know... search the archives!  (:>!!

All of the above is for what it's worth and I hope it
helps, part of my learnings in the past 6 months. I also learned a buy
and hold small cap money manager beat me also.

JOE
PS. For our Greek friend..the quote of the day.

"Small opportunities are often the beginning of great
enterprises."
Demosthenes
<BLOCKQUOTE