Re: [amibroker] Re: Semi-Off Topic: InfoSelect Msg Import

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Herbert,
think perhaps the confusion is in the semantics. Choose view/interpretation to
open the interpretation window. If you have coded a commentary in the individual
indicator then that commentary will be shown when the indicator is selected. To
select the indicator simple move your mouse to that pane and click to select it
(not right click like you would do to edit the indicator, just click like you
would click a bar to see the closing price of a certain day). The interpretation
window will show only commentary for the "Selected" pane. Clicking a different
pane will product commentary for THAT indicator. You may add commentary to as
many indicator as you wish but only the selected indicator will show in the
interpretation window. If you want to send the code along to me personally I
will take a look at it for you.....

Regards,
Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Herbert Elstein
[mailto:herty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Monday, January 05, 2004 4:33
PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re: [amibroker]
Commentary painAra,Now you've given more to
puzzle about. So far, the only thing that happenswhen I click on the
particular indicator  is to see the menu with "insert,close,edit
formula etc." . Nothing appears in the Interpretation window.Secondly about
the GURU commentary, can I have a number of different gurusrelated to
indicators stored somewhere , it doesn't seem so?Re: Int. suppose my code
for the int. commentary is in error, should I stillsee something in the int.
window?Herbert----- Original Message ----- From: "Ara
Kaloustian" <ara1@xxxxxxxxxx>To:
<amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent: Monday, January 05, 2004 10:30
PMSubject: Re: [amibroker] Commentary pain>
Herbert,>> By "selected" I mean that particular indicator has the
focus... or youhave> clicked your mouse somewhere inside the
indicator display. Note that the> display in the interpretation window
changes as you click into the various> indicators on the
screen.>> AB will output text rom ONLY one indicator at any one
time.>> Also a bit of terminology. you wrote "commentary window"
and also refer to> code under indicator code.> I am assuming you
are talking about the interpretation window, and not the> GURU commentary
that you activate manualy from the top menu.>> If you actually
meant the "GURU" Commentary window, that is a separate> entity to itself.
You can have several of them, but have to
selectmanually.>>****************************************************************************>
***************>> From your note below, it seems that it works
OK...>> Not sure what you mean you want it to be indicator
dependent... ALL  ofthe> text that you want displayed in
the interpretation window has to be inone> file ... and the
"selected" file (indicator) will output text for its> associated
indicator.>> If you want to accomodate multiple indicators, then
you may be able to> display just one (or none or various indicators (one
at a time) under> program control) but have all the indicators of
interest coded ... along> with the display text associated with them and
somehow track / switch> displays... a rather cumbersome if not
impractical venture.>> The basic design is that AB accomodates is
display test for a particular> subject (indicator).>>
<amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> Sent: Monday, January 05, 2004 11:07
AM> Subject: Re: [amibroker] Commentary pain>>> >
Ara,> >> > Thanks, first what do you mean by
'selected'?  The indicator is aDonchian> > channel and shows
up ok on one of the panes.> > As a commentary by itself coded in the
Commentary window, it works fine;> but> > I want it to be
indicator dependent, so that I can have other indicators> > with their
particular interpretation/commentaries> >> > The last part
of the code plus the interpretation:> >> >
Buy=H>DUpper;>
>PlotShapes(IIf(Buy,shapeUpArrow,shapeNone),colorBrightGreen,0,Graph0,-15);>
> Sell=L<LLV(Ref(L,-1),Spds); /* Exit for Longs if no stop-Loss Hit
*/> >> >
PlotShapes(IIf(Sell,shapeDownArrow,shapeNone),colorRed,0,Graph1,-15);>
>> > //--Indicator-End-- > >> > "For an account
of 10,000 Nis, 1 unit to buy is:"> >> >
WriteVal((10000/100)/2*ATR(14));> >> > Herbert>
8<)> >> > ----- Original Message ----- > >
From: "Ara Kaloustian" <ara1@xxxxxxxxxx>> > To:
<amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> > Sent: Monday, January 05, 2004
8:15 PM> > Subject: Re: [amibroker] Commentary pain>
Some basics first ... just in case...> > >> > > The
indicator has to be selected in order for the commentary to showup>
in> > > the int window.> > >> > > Beyond
that it would be useful to post your code ... or a sample of it>
so> > > poeple can see what the problem may be> >
"hertyil" <herty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> > > To:
<amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> > > Sent: Monday, January 05,
2004 9:46 AM> > > Subject: [amibroker] Commentary pain> >
indicator as per the Indicator Builder> > > > instructions. The
indicator is applied in my pane #8. Now how or> > > > when
should it appear in the Interpretation window. Also does it> > >
> have to be saved if at all; the whole indicator plus commentary is>
> > > saved as an .afl file.> > > >> > >
> I'll appreciate someone's bother. TJ already helped me with the>
> > > first part.> > > >> > > >
Herbert> > > >> > > >> > > >
Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> > > > Send SUGGESTIONS
to suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> > > >
email to:> > > >
amibroker-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> > > >> > >
href="">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>

bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> > > Send SUGGESTIONS to
suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> > >
>  <A
href="">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>

>> > Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> > Send
SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> >
use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:> >  <A
href="">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>
bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
is subject to:>  <A
href="">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>>>Send
group FAQ at: <A

  To visit your group on the web, go to:<A
  href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/

  To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:<A
  href="">amibroker-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.