RE: [amibroker] Foreign symbol in indicator

Thank you Thomasz for all answers.
Regards
Jim

> Hello,
>
> As for signals it is also not entirely true. You can copy your
formula to just "Commentary" window.
> Then all buy/sell arrows will automatically appear out of your
trading system rules.

> You can also use AlertIF to output alerts to "alert output window"
or send via e-mail or play sounds
> or execute external program / script.
>
> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com

the AA grid. If  you click that result in the grid it will appear
> on the chart as per EOD mode. If you want the symbol to
automatically appear on the chart then you need to create a custom
indicator
> that plots this.
> >

> > >I believe that was recommended by Thomasz on the AB site or users
> > >manual for users of both EOD and real time. He also recommended a
> > >seperate database for intraday data, so I figured I would just
> > >install the new AB in another directory and that would solve the
> > >problem. Guess not. What happens now if I use the windows delete
> > >program wizard to delete the second instance of AB? Will it tear
up
> > >my old EOD AB to shreds, formulas, settings etc.. ?
> >
> > Please quote the reference in the user guide and web site you are
refering too.

> > tickers will not have the option to store the data locally so how
do
> > you then import data from Quote.com and have it hold within a
> > database.<<<
> >
> > >If I grasp what you are saying is that the Data that is imported
from
> > >IB through QT is not stored in AB Pro ??? Not sure of what you
mean.

> > As I said i'm still experimenting with this side of things and
and not sure exactly how it works.
> > I've just re-read a section from the users guide
titled: 'Tutorial: Understanding AmiBroker database concepts'

> > and it appears that all we have to do is to enable local storage
in the database settings page, the elaborate procedure I
> mentioned is not necessary. This should enable us  to use QT and
store any imported quotes locally. (hopefully)