  >From:
  To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Sunday, January 04, 2004 9:32
  PM
  Subject: RE: [amibroker] Update from CSI
  regarding calls to their API
  We are soon going to be in data heaven.My thanks to
  Chuck, Paul and others who are contributing invarious
  ways.b--- Chuck Rademacher <<A
  href="">chuck_rademacher@xxxxxxxxxx>
  wrote:> CSI won't be doing anything about naming de-listed>
  stocks.   If Paul does> the DLL for us, the watchlists will
  need to contain the> CSI number, probably> in the format that he
  is already using.   The CSI number> gets passed to
  the> DLL and the data is returned.    I will get CSI to
  make a> special call for> those users who don't want to be
  bothered with de-listed> stocks (and> therefore, CSI numbers)
  that will take a symbol as input> instead of CSI>
  number.   This alternative call will only work with> active
  stocks.> > As to my program that will convert from CSI to ASCII,
  I> will change it to> use the new interface.   This
  will make my program twice> as fast.   I will> give
  users the ability to prefix (or suffix) de-listed> stocks with
  anything> they like.>   -----Original
  Message----->   From: b
  [mailto:b519b@xxxxxxxxx]>   Sent: Sunday, January 04, 2004
  4:22 PM>   To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Subject: Re: [amibroker] Update from CSI regarding> calls to their
  API> > >   Chuck,> >
  The news about the coming of faster CSI access is a>
  great>   start to the new year.> >
  Do you know what approach CSI will be taking for naming>
  inactive stocks?> >   --- Chuck Rademacher
  <chuck_rademacher@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:>   >
  Forgive me for posting this here rather>   > than the
  "data" forum, but the>   > subject is of interest to many
  on>   > this list who have not joined the data
  group.>   >>   > The UA program
  manager at CSI and I have>   > agreed on the syntax of the
  new>   > call to their API that will return actual
  and>   > backadjusted prices with a single
  call.>   > He hopes to have it working within a
  week>   > and I will advise once it is
  ready.>   >>   > CSI has also updated
  their MarketScanner>   > program to export data to
  AmiBroker>   > directly. This is VERY fast, as
  it>   > makes one call to the API for
  the>   > entire universe of stocks that
  the>   > user is selecting. Selection can be
  by>   > various criteria, including
  exchange,>   > sector, industry, etc.   I have
  not>   > tried this yet, due to the fact that
  I>   > am having download problems on
  my>   > end.>   >>
  > Steve, the program manager, is also keen>   > to talk
  to Paul and/or TJ about>   > some way that the API can be
  called>   > once by the AB/CSI plug-in for an
  entire>   > watchlist.  This would be
  considerably>   > faster than any other matter.
  It>   > uses a "call-back" method that I
  don't>   > fully comprehend, but Paul and
  TJ>   > will probably speak that
  language.>   > CSI is willing to provide the
  necessary>   > hooks to the API, if there is
  interest>   > in doing so.>

  __________________________________>   Do you
  Yahoo!?>   New Yahoo! Photos - easier uploading and
  sharing.>   <A
  href="">http://photos.yahoo.com/> >
  >   Send BUG REPORTS to
  bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>   Send SUGGESTIONS to
  suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Service.> > >

    To visit your group on the web, go to:<A
    href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/

    To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:<A
    href="">amibroker-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.