Re: [amibroker] Update from CSI regarding calls to their API

Forgive
me for posting this here rather than the "data" forum, but the subject is of
interest to many on this list who have not joined the data
group.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
The UA
program manager at CSI and I have agreed on the syntax of the new call to their
API that will return actual and backadjusted prices with a single
call.   He hopes to have it working within a week and I will advise
once it is ready.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
CSI has
also updated their MarketScanner program to export data to AmiBroker
directly.    This is VERY fast, as it makes one call to the API
for the entire universe of stocks that the user is selecting.
Selection can be by various criteria, including exchange, sector, industry,
etc.   I have not tried this yet, due to the fact that I am having
download problems on my end.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Steve,
the program manager, is also keen to talk to Paul and/or TJ about some way that
the API can be called once by the AB/CSI plug-in for an entire
watchlist.   This would be considerably faster than any other
matter.  It uses a "call-back" method that I don't fully comprehend, but
Paul and TJ will probably speak that language.  CSI is willing to provide
the necessary hooks to the API, if there is interest in doing
so.