Re: [amibroker] QP data question/ external data sources

Henry - IS doesn't support HTML conversion nor PDF.  I have a HTML
to RTF converter and I'm working to convert the AB Guide to IS. I
have the release notes in, but the guide is a compiled help file.
I'm now stumped since decompiling the guide yields dozens of
individual HTML modules that I've got to convert one by one. I
haven't progressed very far with this since I think the outcome will
be an accumulation of notes in IS that won't "hang together".  A
search for anything in IS would assemble an answer and that maybe
that's good enough. More work to do. Or get a copy of the guide from
TJ in RTF format if available.

Thanks for getting me started with this back in August, else I've a
big mailbox to convert as well as AFL files.

Ken - glad to see you're finding use for the tool and sharing your
experiences.
Best regards
JOE
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Herman vandenBergen"
<psytek@xxxx> wrote:
> Thanks Dale and Ken, OK, I was using the File->Import-> method; it
doesn't
> have the email option. I never used IS for emails that is why I
never
> checked the email menu :-(
>
> Still i might try and import some folders... does it import html
emails with
> charts etc?

Friday.

>   I use Outlook and it imports it oh so sweetly. Click
> Email>Import>Messages. then check the box for Outlook.    I had to
uncheck
> the dozens of folders (else it would get them all – yikes), but
the few
> special folders came in fast.  I immediately had some 5 and 8 Meg
(yes MEG)
> files which the program instantly told me to save as separate
files or IS
> performance would be degraded.  I have done that.  What I like
about the
> message import is that preserves the date and sender, which
copying via the
> lightning bolt does not do.
>

>   Lets see, that was only around 500 messages; I am wondering
about the
> other 1000 I have in some other folders.  I think I will cull a
little more
> closely.  Plus as I mentioned in another message, you get the
replies to the
> replies to the replies all doubled and tripled, but not a lot to
do about
> that.
>

>   Neat little program I will say.  Now I am waiting to find the
button with
> the Dollar Sign on it so I can click it and have it make me some
money…..

>   Ken

Outlook

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511