[amibroker] TAKE THE FREE TRIAL

Also IS tech support is outstanding.  Whenever in doubt, leverage the $69/year fee and tap into their know-how.  They usually respond within a day.  Not as quickly as Tomasz, but close : )

Regards,
Garydingo <dingo@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Doesn't IS have an import function directly from Outlook?  I thought I read that in the help file..??

I know it will import the contact list.

Here's something from chapter 18 in the help file:

Importing E-mail Messages
You can import e-mail messages from your prior e-mail application. For example, you may want to switch from Outlook e-mail to Info Select e-mail.
Info Select supports automatic importing of e-mail messages from the following programs:
Microsoft Outlook Express
Microsoft Outlook
Netscape Messengeer
[:] To import e-mail messages:

Choose E-mail | Import | Messages. A dialog box appears.
Select the program from which you want to import messages and click OK. A dialog box appears.
Select the e-mail folders you wish to import and click OK. Imported messages will be placed into a Topic named after the program from which the messages were imported (i.e. "Outlook Express").
 Tip: You can use the Im-Exporting feature to import messages from the applications which are not listed in the E-mail | Import | Messages di

-----Original Message-----From: Ken Close [mailto:closeks@xxxxxxxx] Sent: Friday, January 02, 2004 9:47 PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE: [amibroker] Re: Semi-Off Topic: InfoSelect Msg ImportGary:  you are an IS user!!??  Amazing.I have learned how to drag-copy groups of messages (or an entire folder)from within Outlook out to a new folder.  Shut down Outlook and batchrename all of the "msg" files to "txt" files in the new folder. Then, using a Windows Script I downloaded, you drag-drop the new folderonto the windows script and voila, you get an individual text file foreach message that you had in Outlook.Bummer: the script does convert to plain text (desired) but leaves themessage header information at the top of the text message
 content(undesired).Otherwise, all of the messages are then ready to batch or group IMPORTinto IS, thus making hundreds of messages available for the searchfunction there.  But I am stuck on the header information.  It takes uplots of characters and is unsightly.Thanks for the lead on the yahoo group, I am heading there right now.Ken-----Original Message-----From: serkhoshian777 [mailto:serkhoshian777@xxxxxxxxx] Sent: Friday, January 02, 2004 9:25 PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re: Semi-Off Topic: InfoSelect Msg ImportKen,InfoSelect has so many features of which I've only scratched the surface.  I found a yahoogroup you many want to join for IS users http://groups.yahoo.com/group/InfoSelect/You've probably already figured out that you can import files as text or RTF which will allow you to
 import multiple files simulanteously.  My only gripe is that IS doesn't do a good job of maintaining formatting like all MS Office programs.Regards,Gary--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ken Close" <closeks@xxxx> wrote:> This for all InfoSelect users.> > As a new user I am trying to get most of my saved AB email messages into> InfoSelect in a more automated fashion than copying each message, one at> a time.> > **IF** I could export and/or translate each message into its own text> file, and store these in a subdirectory, then I think the InfoSelect> IMPORT command will automatically bring in all files in a designated> directory.> > My question: does anyone know a shareware or other technique that will> take OUTLOOK messages and automatically convert each message into a> separate txt file?> > I have
 experimented with the Outlook Export command, which lets me put> messages into a variety of formats, but so far I have not discovered how> to convert them into plain text messages.  I can get Excel, CSV, Access,> comma delimited, etc files, but no plain text file.  At least not that I> have discovered how to do.> > Any help or comments from anyone?> > Thanks,> > KenSend BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx-----------------------------------------Post AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to: amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Web page: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amiquote/messages/)--------------------------------------------Check group FAQ at:<A
 href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/files/groupfaq.html Yahoo! Groups LinksTo visit your group on the web, go to:http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:amibroker-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxYour use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx-----------------------------------------Post AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to: amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Web page: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amiquote/messages/)--------------------------------------------Check group FAQ at: <A

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service. Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx-----------------------------------------Post AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to: amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Web page: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amiquote/messages/)--------------------------------------------Check group FAQ at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/files/groupfaq.html

Do you Yahoo!?