Re: [amibroker] Amibroker movies

I have experimented with making the message file more useful.

Early messages, most of the time, are not so relevant given the
tremendous changes to AB over the years.

Therefore, my standard searching routine starts with

Search on title only for

"2????"

which should deliver message numbers => 20000.  Results are always >500.

I then switch to searching on previous results and enter additional
search terms.

I notice that I can get messages that do not have a message number in
their title when they are displayed in the results pane on the left (and
thus they get included in the first pass results even if they were
written earlier than message #20000).

Two questions:

1.  Why do some messages not display a message number in the results
pane, but when doubleclicked to open, they have a message number?

2.  Is there any way to adjust the max number of 500 upward?  A
corollary question is what messages I am truncating or eliminating
because of this 500 max limitation?

Should my approach to limiting early messages be modified?  If so, how.

Any comments?  Anyone want to share how they have learned to use the
message file most efficiently.

Ken