Re: [amibroker] Data Comparison

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Steve,
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
FWIW,
I just ran DataPurify against all of the stocks that have been on the N100 list
since 1995 (258 active and de-listed stocks).   Using CSI data, AB
found zero missing quotes and zero OHLC violations.    The number
of possible unadjusted splits is meaningless and a function of the threshold you
set, so I won't report it.
<BLOCKQUOTE

  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Steve Almond
  [mailto:steve2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Thursday, January 01,
  2004 6:54 AMTo: AmiSubject: [amibroker] Data
  Comparison
  I carried out a (rather trivial) data comparison of the
  suppliers accessible free via Amiquote.
  In each case I used the Nasdaq 100 stocks (Nov 03 chapter).

  My reference signal was ^SPX downloaded from Yahoo! (Using
  $SPX from eSignal resulted in lots of 'Extra Quotes' for other stocks - in
  other words $SPX is full of holes).
  I selected all the reports except 'Report
  missing quotes at beginning...' and 'Report extra quotes'.

  Here are the results of this stunning piece of scientific
  investigation (anyone on the Nobel prize committee out there?):

  <TABLE  cellSpacing=0
  cellPadding=0 width=454 border=0 x:str>

    <COL
    width=198>

      <TD class=xl26

      width=198 height=18>
      <TD class=xl28

      width=64>Yahoo!
      <TD class=xl28

      width=64>eSignal
      <TD class=xl29

      width=64>MSN
      <TD

      width=64>

      <TD class=xl24

      height=17>Missing quote
      <TD class=xl27

      x:num>542
      <TD class=xl27

      x:num>542
      <TD class=xl30

      x:num>542
      <TD
      ><FONT
        face=Arial size=2>

      <TD class=xl24

      height=17>Possible unadjusted split
      <TD class=xl27

      x:num>37
      <TD class=xl27

      x:num>93
      <TD class=xl30

      x:num>89
      <TD
      ><FONT
        face=Arial size=2>

      <TD class=xl25

      height=18>Low is higher than Close
      <TD class=xl31

      x:num>2
      <TD class=xl31

      x:num>15
      <TD class=xl32

      x:num>1
      <TD

      <TD

      height=17>
      <TD

      <TD

      <TD

      <TD

  Would anyone like to contribute results from QP and/or
  CSI?

  Steve

   Send BUG REPORTS to
  bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to
  group FAQ at: <A

    To visit your group on the web, go to:<A
    href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/

    To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:<A
    href="">amibroker-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.