From: dorzfn@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:dorzfn@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, 19 December 2003 11:18 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Off Topic - FAT32 or NTFS and winXP/ME

what i would do is  reformat the hard drive on your widows Me pc ,
blow out all the data and start over , that will work best ! also
use ntfs with xp as your new file system , you can do the same on
the other pc but if you do i would do it the same way ...
good luck!

.. . --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Sidney Kaiser <s9kaiser@xxxx>
wrote:
> Graham, also check the computer mfg web site to see if there is a
> flash  update to your BIOS ROM which might allow larger HD sizes
> Sid
> At 03:31 PM 12/19/2003 +0800, you wrote:
>
> >Hoping for some computer wiz to help me here. Hope I can explain
it
> >properly.
> >
> >I run 2 computers one with winXP and the other winME
> >
> >I recently upgraded the drive in the ME computer with 80GB and
had to
> >partition to 2x40GB for the bios to recognise it due to the old
age of the
> >motherboard (I think) after all it is only 2-3 yrs old (900MHz
chip thingy).
> >I also added ram to 512MB.
> >
> >I wanted to change the operating system to XP but could not
install XP onto
> >it for some reason. It would not copy some files onto the hard
drive and
> >crashed or froze during the install process.  ME installed ok,
unfortunately
> >it is too unstable for me to continue using it.
> >
> >Can anyone offer suggestion of what I can do to get XP onto it. I was
> >reading about the hard drives and file system NTFS and
FAT32. I was
> >wondering if this could be a problem with XP as it states that XP
is ok with
> >FAT32 up to 32GB and not limited by NTFS. However winME cannot
read NTFS
> >drive volume so am hesitant about changing the fat32 to ntfs and
have to
> >reformat the drive to convert backwards.
> >
> >My main comp with XP has FAT32 volume, and due to the advantages
of NTFS I
> >thought of changing it but because the 2 copmps are networked I
am not sure
> >if it is good idea. Another problem I am experiencing that is
pushing me to
> >change ME to XP is that when I backup files to ME computer it
freezes the
> >other comp and my backup stops. Is this something to do with the
volume
> >type????
> >

> >Cheers,
> >Graham
>
><http://groups.msn.com/asxsharetrading>http://groups.msn.com/asxshar
etrading
> >http://groups.msn.com/fmsaustralia
> >

> >Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
> >Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx
> >

> >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
>
><http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12ceo8gi5/M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/
D=egroupweb/S=1705632198:HM/EXP=1071905479/A=1524963/R=0/*http://hits
.411web.com/cgi-bin/autoredir?
camp=556&lineid=3614674&prop=egroupweb&pos=HM>7d8365b.jpg

> >7d836d8.jpg

up/amibroker/