[amibroker] Re: Top 200 stocks by volume

Andrew,

Excellent!! :-) got it going, thanks for your time and your code. I didn't
understand how it worked and now that I see it on a chart, I doesn't
look like it's necessary to do it month by month as I mentioed in my
("~Top200Vol","C"); to my system and that's it. Does that sound OK?

Do you run this daily prior to Scaning for signals?

Thanks again.
Dave

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Andrew Perrin" <adjp@xxxx>
wrote:
> Dave
> to use this AFL, you need to set the APPLY TO -> CURRENT
STOCK       not Filter -> Watchlist -> 1000 stocks.  For the current stock
selected it is best to use a stock with no data holes ( I use an INDEX ).
I've copied a snippet of code from the AFL below, this is what I tried to
explain in first comment.  Under user variables are
> sWatchlist = 4;  This is the watchlist you want to scan not write
results to.  Set this to whatever you mistakenly set the filter to initially.
>  Rank_No = 200;  This is the depth you want to rank to ie. the 200th
highest rank value will be added to the AddToComposite.

************
************

<amibroker@xxxx>
>   wrote:
>   > > > I haven't tried that, but based on what I read in the help file,
>   > > you can do an automatic script to accomplish that.
>   > > >
>   > > > 1. load the explore formula and settings
>   > > > 2. invoke the explore
>   > > > 3. save the results to a file
>   > > > 4. read the file and choose the top 200 tickers
>   > > > 5. clear existing watchlist
>   > > > 6. set the 200 tickers to watchlist
>   > > >
>   > > > You can even add the backtest steps:
>   > > >
>   > > > 7. load the backtest formula and settings
>   > > > 8. invoke the backtest
>   > > > 9. save the reports to files.
>   > > >
>   > > > All these can be done in JScript. After that, the whole process
>   > is
>   > > just one click away.
>   > > >
>   > > > - Mark H.