RE: [amibroker] Momentum Ranking - A better way for QRS and other scoring

<BLOCKQUOTE

  <FONT face="Courier New"
  color=blue size=2><SPAN
  >Have you done
  a correlation study between the two?

  <SPAN
  > Now I have and there is
  none.

  <SPAN
  >Any idea, for
  the system you're testing, how frequently there are more qualifying
  positions than equity slices, causing scoring to come into play at
  all?

  <SPAN
  > Other than manual inspection of the
  detailed trade log, do you have any suggestions on how to generate this
  statistic via code?

  <SPAN
  >Dave<SPAN
  class=928565114-18122003>
  <SPAN
  ><SPAN
  class=928565114-18122003>
<SPAN
><SPAN
class=928565114-18122003>No I don't. The max number of open positions and
the number of signals not taken because insufficient equity was available are
two stats I've wished for in the backtester. Hopefully some
day...
<SPAN
><SPAN
class=928565114-18122003>
<SPAN
><SPAN
class=928565114-18122003>In the mean time, the detailed log format doesn't
encourage analysis in Excel etc. You could search for the phrase indicating max
positions was reached, but from there, I think you'd have to look manually to
see if more signals occurred during those times.
<SPAN
><SPAN
class=928565114-18122003>
<SPAN
><SPAN
class=928565114-18122003>One pragmatic method is to reverse your PositionScore
(PositionScore = 1 / PositionScore, to preserve sign), and if that makes a big
difference, you've proved that there are a significant number trades where it
matters. I think you've already reported very different results with different
PositionScores, so that's probably the bottom line. You could try comparing the
trade lists to get more specific about whether it's just a few trades that make
the difference, or most of them.
<SPAN
><SPAN
class=928565114-18122003>