[amibroker] Re: Artificial Intelligence, an introduction, ^N225 2003

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Yuki Taga <yukitaga@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi DIMITRIS,
>
> Thursday, December 18, 2003, 8:27:33 PM, you wrote:
>
> >> First of all, what a wonderful treat to see this.  Thank you very
> >> much for putting time into the 225.  I can't tell you how much I
> >> appreciate it.  Rest in line below:
>
> DT> You know ^N225 puzzles me long time ago, since the best N100
> DT> indicators/systems just fail [not to say crash] on it.
> DT> But, if nothing else, this market should have some rhythms
> DT> [especially because of the important role of the foreign
money:when
> DT> they come, they come to stay and play, when they leave, they do
not
> DT> come back the same night !!]
>
> You are absolutely right about the role of foreign money here, and
> that is one reason the market is struggling right now.  This was an
> unprecedented year for foreign money coming in here -- never has the
> level been so great.  But it has really slowed down, really slowed
> down, since about the end of October.
>
> >> Okay . . . question one is how do we do the inspections?
Remember,
> I >> am severely handicapped at understanding such complex code. ^_^
> >>

> DT> Nothing to worry about, inspections are automatically executed
by the
> DT> code. Two bars ago the inspection no9 was automatically added.
The
> DT> inspection result is written in the title :BFpass=...,
SFpass=...
> DT> and plotted in the blue-black dotted lines.
>
> Okay, I see that now.  (BTW, it takes a few CPU cycles for that code
> to execute -- I actually feel like my computer is computing.) ^_^

Nice feeling, isnīt it ?
The education always needs some time, the system tries to learn what
is going on with this peculiar ^N225 until the decision pops up !!
It would be a nice fiction start, the reality is less poetical: the
slow down is due to the double cycle from 10 to 40 and the Equity
calculation per cycle.
Anyway, we may keep the fiction side, our computer started the real
thinking !!

> I can see when there is a change in the rhythm, but I cannot exactly
> tell which set is the new set.  Does the newest set always print to
> the right-most side?  Or maybe it's the fact that k0 shows red in
the
> title area that steers us to the red set [25,28]?
>
> DT> Should I add buy/sell arrows in IndBuilder chart ?? Let me know
>
> I think this might be a good idea.  Anything to "Yuki-proof" this is
> probably going to be a good idea.  ^_-  However, I did follow your
> instructions below with the old backtester, and I have arrows now.
>
> >> Yuki (who still does not understand, but will)
>
> DT> The bottom chart is the Individual Equity from AA window.
> DT> Doubleclick on the results list of the "old" backtester, wait 1-
2 sec
> DT> and the arrows will appear on the price chart .
> DT> Let me know if these technicalities are all OK, because the
main
> DT> subject will begin after this.
> DT> Would it be better to have one unique code for both AA and IB ?
>
> I think not a bad idea there either.
>
> One thing I'm curious about.  It's a small thing, but I'm a curious
> girl.  ^_^  As you know from looking at the chart, this market
really
> broke out and started steaming right at the very end of May.  Our
> first trade is short on 6/3.  That's okay, nobody wins them all.
But
> we are wrong-footed for the first 7 days of a tremendous breakout
> rally (the system catches most of hit however getting long and
> staying there a while).  But what I'm curious about is whether if we
> start the system trading just a little earlier, we can somehow catch
> that first wave right on the button.  If not, no big deal.  Like I
> said, I'm just curious.

No, no, no.
We decide the plan from Jan : The first 6 months is the learning
period and then the application. Period.
Nobody knows, in Jan, the trend details of May !!
[and, of course, we shall not tweak the rules with our recent
experience]
> Thanks again!
>
> Yuki

The unique/all windows formula is ready, give me some h to decide
some minor details and post it later. After 9h of coffee[s] it is
time to eat something, before the US bell ...
Back to you soon,
Dimitris Tsokakis