RE: [amibroker] Interactive Brokers / MOO orders / shorts

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Hello Ed,
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>My Short OPG orders were cancelled after 15 seconds, I also inquired, see
below. I never had a problem with Long orders. I think ETFs are also
excempt from the uptic rule.
Dear Trader,In response to
your inquiry our programmers have informed me: 15 SECONDS.Sincerely,IB
Customer Service

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: ed2000nl
  [mailto:pablito@xxxxxxx]Sent: December 17, 2003 3:05
  PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re: [amibroker]
  Interactive Brokers / MOO orders / shorts
  Herman,

  on my question how I could be assured a list of
  stocks to be shorted on the Nasdaq would indeed be triggered, IB
  says:

  > This will be a difficult task as you will need an uptick at the
  open. If a market on open or limit on open order is not filled> in 30
  seconds IB will cancel the order.
  but there must be a way to do it but for sure I
  can not do it by hand because I have several accounts to work on ..... one
  woud think that to buy a stock one would have a similar problem on
  the Nasdaq. However ALL my longs were triggered on ALL my
  accounts.

  regards, Ed

  <BLOCKQUOTE