[amibroker] Interactive Brokers / MOO orders / shorts

hello,

having a system that seems to work fine is only
useful if one can use it in the "real" world. I wonder if there are people using
Interactive Brokers (IB) who have solved some practical problems.

first you need to backtest a system using a list of
stocks that actually are allowed to be shorted. I have the list so that problem
is solved hopefully. How reliable is this list. Is it updated or does one run
into stock one cannot short after all.

Then there is the problem of the orders. Since I
use open prices in a current system I am testing I use MOO orders. They are
actually designed to be used on the Nyse and Amex but I only used them on the
Nasdaq and I get a price pretty close to the actual open price when I place
a MOO buy order (for small orders). But SHORT orders were not executed (on
the Nasdaq) because the 30 sec time limit was exceeded .....  So I am
pretty comfortable with the LONG orders but would like to know how people place
SHORT orders at the OPEN with Interactive Brokers,

regards, Ed