[amibroker] Re: Backing Up Data (and Laptop transfer software)

Backups:
(For my desktop)
I use Polder Backup  http://www.xs4all.nl/~philippo/PolderBackup.htm
(It is freeware and highly recommended by leading computer magazines.
You can make a donation if you like for animal welfare. It works
great!)

and a second hard drive (internal)
external drives tend to be slow and expensive.
you can get an internal drive, 60-80 gb for under 50 bucks on sale.
(I got a maxtor 60 gb for 29.95 us)

Transfer data to laptop:

I have wireless installed and use FileSync 2.18
http://www.fileware.co.uk/products.htm#FileSync

to transfer and sync data between desktop and laptop wirelessly. It
is SUPER FAST compared to usb cable and the software is very user
friendly (easier to use than Laplink). Filesync is shareware and can
be registered for 15 dollars.

Regards
Jim

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "John" <jea55129@xxxx> wrote:
> Yuki,
>
> Thank-You for you insight.
>
> John
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Yuki Taga <yukitaga@xxxx> wrote:
> > Hi John,
> >
> > Monday, December 15, 2003, 8:53:42 PM, you wrote:
> >
> > J> Speaking of backing up data, can someone describe their way? I
> > J> have data in both ascii and metastock both going back for
quite a
> > J> while. I plan to burn it to cd's. Do you do it seperately in
> years
> > J> or by  market. What about compressing the data. Anything else
> > J> keep in  mind?
> >
> > CDs are for backing up tiny little bits of data, if that.  They
hold
> > less than 1 gig of data, and I can almost guarantee that you will
> > find that very constraining over time.
> >
> > One of the easiest ways to secure your data is to use something
like
> > XXCOPY (freeware, although a 'professional' edition is also
> available
> > for corporate users).  Then you make a little batch file telling
> > XXCOPY what to copy and where it's going.  Then you put a
shortcut
> > that batch file where you keep your other important shortcuts.
Get

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511