  >From:
  Phsst
  To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Sunday, December 14, 2003 11:04
  PM
  Subject: [amibroker] Re: PositionScore
  Ideas
  HB,I looked and could not find where you posted
  your favoritePositionscore method. Did I miss
  it?Phsst--- In <A
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "HB"
  <hmab@x...> wrote:> FYI, I tried all
  the position score methods that have been posted inthe past few
  days.  They all performed worse than the one I wascurrently using,
  except for Fred's BB example.> > It increased all the "good
  stats" by 50% but it also increased myMDD by 50%.  So, MDD is now at
  an unacceptable point, but definitelyworth a look into this scoring
  mechanism.> > HB> >   ----- Original
  Message ----- >   From: Gary A. Serkhoshian
  >   To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx >   Sent:
  Saturday, December 13, 2003 1:00 PM>   Subject: Re:
  [amibroker] Re: PositionScore Ideas> > >   Hi
  Al !> >   For shorter-term signals, it seems like
  volatility is your bestfriend, and you'd mentioned that you've already
  tried that.  > >   So, how about Fred's
  BollingerBand example:> >   BBandWid = 2;>
  >   UBBand = BBandTop(Close, 21, BBandWid);>
  >   LBBand = BBandBot(Close, 21, BBandWid);>
  >   PositionScore = 100 - 100 * (Close - LBBand) / (UBBand
  -LBBand);//0 when C == Upper Band, 100 when C == Lower Band>
  >   OR a variation of good 'ol RT>
  >   RT = Close / MA(Close,13);  //64 bar is the original
  version> > >   BTW, if you don't mind sharing
  what are you basing your signals onto give such short terms swings?
  You can keep in general if you like(ie. ma-based, oscillator-based,
  etc.)> >   Kind Regards,>
  Gary> >   Al Venosa <advenosa@xxxx>
  wrote:>     Thanks, Phsst. I'm a QP2 user also. But
  all those QP2GetExtraData variables are not updated daily, so I don't
  think theywould be useful for a short-term trading system like I was
  talkingabout. Using PositionScore over a modest time period, you'd get
  thesame 4 stocks all the time, wouldn't you, or at least until they
  getupdated. Perhaps QRS gets updated weekly, so maybe that wouldn't be
  asbad, but I think I'd like something that is more reflective of
  thetrade system duration, in other words, something that I can
  updatedaily at EOD. > >
  12:26 PM>       Subject: [amibroker] Re:
  PositionScore Ideas> >
  >       Al,>
  >       My favorite is the QP2 QRS value
  (GetExtraData("QRS"). The QP2 QRS>
  value is supposed to be a 'knockoff' of the IBD RS ranking score.>
  >       I almost always get a significant
  boost using this rankingfigure
  as>       as the positionscore.>
  >       If you do not have QP2, but have
  any ideas about how to doyour own
  RS>       Rank calculation, I'd be happy
  to run some comparisons for you
  (or>       anyone else) to measure your
  calculated RS Rank against QP2'sQRS rank.>
  >       Cheers,>

  Phsst>       --- In
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Al Venosa"
  <advenosa@xxxx>wrote:>
  > Hi, all:>       >
  >       > I've been experimenting with
  variuos short term trading systems>
  lately (average trade durations of about 2.5 days), and I
  waslooking>       for ideas on how
  best to rank a watchlist to get the
  bestcandidates>       for portfolio
  trading a basket of 4 stocks. I was wondering
  ifanyone>       would care to share
  any ideas on how you use the
  PositionScore>       function to rank
  your candidate list (using regular mode,
  not>       rotational mode). I've tried
  combinations of turnover
  andvolatility,>       but I'd like to
  try other ideas. I'm not asking anyone to
  giveaway>       any secrets, and,
  yes, I am aware of TJ's example in the help
  file>       (PositionScore = 100
  -RSI());), but I was just looking formore
  ideas.>       I'm not even sure if this
  question is too vague or not. If itis,
  I'm>       sure you'll tell me.
  TIA.>       >