From: Yuki Taga [mailto:yukitaga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, December 14, 2003 6:57 PM
To: Rik Rasmussen
Subject: Re: [amibroker] Sadam captured alive

Hi Rik,

Just saw the Globex . . . wow.  But the higher they jack it the
better the selling opportunity I think.

Interestingly, the market (and the news media) today is/are largely
ignoring an event of almost equal if not greater magnitude for US
interests: There was apparently a pretty serious assassination
attempt on Musharrif in Pakistan today.  He escaped "narrowly"
according to the reports, but if he dies that way, the bid on the
Globex the following day would be very small, and very low.  Way, way
down, low.  In fact, if I was Osama, this critical Pakistani domino
is where I would be putting all my assets right now; I'd leave the US
alone for the time being and focus on the place entirely.  If a
nuclear-armed country descends into Taliban-type chaos (especially a
country with a huge population that views America in a decidedly
unfavorable light), the markets will react in a violently negative
manner, I would guess.

There are still some huge shocks out there waiting to be triggered.

Yuki

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511