[amibroker] Re: Exrem - Buy Only

<which the backtester does automatically anyway>

Dave,

I'm pretty sure that the backtester does NOT automatically do as you say.

I've spent quite a lot of time working with the backtester, and
determined that I *ALWAYS* need to perform the ExRem functions myself
in order to have absolute control over the last Buy, Sell, Short &
Cover signals.

Whether I'm right or wrong, by taking absolute control over these
signals, there is no question about the sequence of events related to
these signals.

Regards,

Phsst

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dave Merrill" <dmerrill@xxxx> wrote:
> Ed, I'd suggest thinking through what you intend ExRem to do for
you. All it
> does is remove duplicate signals in the same direction, which the
backtester
> does automatically anyway. Typically it's only needed when you want
to plot
> your own buy/sell arrows in an indicator.
>
> In any case, "duplicate" signals means ones without a signal in the
opposite
> direction between them, like two buys in a row without a sell in
between.
> That's why it takes two parameters -- it's about the relationship
between
> the signals in the two passed arrays.
>
> That's why Sell has to be defined in the code you sent. For useful
results,
> not just defined, as in set to zero, but set to something that
alternates in
> a meaningful way with Buy. If Sell is always zero, once a Buy
happens, there
> won't ever be a Sell to alternate with, and your output will contain
only
> that one first Buy.
>
> Make any sense?
>
> What was the original problem you were trying to solve with ExRem?
Were you

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511