[amibroker] Off-Topic... New Google feature may not be in your interest

This is so far off-topic that I'm almost ashamed to post it, but it
just might be of interest to some. I know that this applies to my U.S.
friends on this forum, but I don't have any idea whether it applies to
others.

A friend sent me this and I checked. It's not a hoax!!!

Google has implemented a new feature wherein you can type someone's
telephone number into the search bar and hit enter and then you will
be given a map to his or her house.

Everyone should be aware of this! Note that you can have your phone
number removed or blocked. Before forwarding this, I tested it by
typing my telephone number in google.com. My phone number came up, and
when I clicked on the MapQuest link, it actually mapped out where I
live. Quite scary.

Please look up your own number. Read below for details. Think about
it--if a child, ANYONE gives out his/her phone number, someone can
actually now look it up to find out where he/she lives. The safety
issues are obvious, and alarming. This is not a hoax; Mapquest will
put a star on your house on your street. In order to test whether your
phone number is mapped, go to:

http://www.google.com/ .

Type your phone number in the search bar (i.e. 555-555-1212) and hit
enter. If you want to BLOCK Google from divulging your private
information, simply click on the telephone icon next to your phone
number. I removed my name, but it takes 48-hours. If you are unlisted
in the phone book, you might not be in there, but it is a good idea
just to check. If your number does come up if you hit map, it will
show you a direct map to your house.....

This is FWIW.

Phsst

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511