Re: [amibroker] Great Wailing & Gnashing of Teeth

Gerard,

I've certainly been guilty of this.  Tired eyes, I suppose.

You're right.  Symbol > Organize Assignments is the quickest way to go about it.

Group 255 is usually where all the imported symbols are sent to.  Assuming that your US stocks aren't there.  Alternatively, there is probably some major difference either in symbology, price, or something between US and ASX stocks that will allow you to filter ASX stocks in an exploration, send the resulting list to a watchlist, and voila! delete the members of the watchlist via organize assignments.

Hope this helps,
GaryGerard Carey <gcfinance@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I use Import Wizard to download my EOD data.I have just downloaded the entire EOD data for the ASX, 2000+ stocks,into my US database.My US database should only contain the contents of the Nasdaq100 & theS&P500. What is the easiest way to correct the situation?It occurs to me that I could just transfer individually the N100/S&P500members somewhere using Symbol>Organise assignments,  delete theremainder, and transfer the transferees back.Is there a better/easier way?Now don't tell I'm the only one ever to have done this? That would reallyhurt my feelings.While not wishing to excuse my ineptitude, I believe this MAY have beenavoided if the receiving database was listed prominently on the ImportWizard dialogue boxes. TIARegds Gerard ps This is the second attempt to post this
 message. The first appears tohave been sent but does not appear on the list.-- http://www.fastmail.fm - Sent 0.000002 seconds agoSend BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxSend SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx-----------------------------------------Post AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to: amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Web page: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amiquote/messages/)--------------------------------------------Check group FAQ at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/files/groupfaq.html Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
Do you Yahoo!?