Re: [amibroker] E-Trade Brokerage

  • To: larypowell <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [amibroker] E-Trade Brokerage
  • From: Yuki Taga <yukitaga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 16:23:32 -0800

Hi larypowell,

Thursday, December 11, 2003, 1:52:18 AM, you wrote:

l> Does anyone have experience with E-Trade and Power E-Trade?  My
l> main account is at Fidelity, but I also use MB-Trading and
l> Interactive Brokers.  I am looking for a replacement for Fidelity.

E-Trade Japan uses Power E-Trade as well, which is simply the old
Bridge platform, that was acquired by Reuters a couple or more years
ago. It is decent, but not great.  Data streams, but it cannot be
directed to a third-party app like AB, and the charting functions
don't even stream, you have to update manually.  There are some
preset configurations, and you have to choose one of those; there is
no customization possible beyond that.  Better than nothing; not
nearly as good as the best.

My executions are always around 5 seconds or even less, but that is
here in Tokyo with a fully electronic market.  I can pick the bid or
offer right off the screen usually, however.  Don't know about in the
US.  For the money, E-Trade is the best thing going in Japan right
now I think.  In a margin account, unlimited size for a very low
fixed rate, and of course our interest rates are rock-bottom.

Am waiting on E-Signal . . . and waiting . . . and waiting.  ^_^

Yuki

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511