size=2>d

  <FONT
  face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----From: emptyhead_77
  [mailto:gms_clan@xxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2003
  6:06 PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker]
  Re: Need helpi dont understand why you have a filter
  in with a buy and sell command but then i dont understand alot - seems
  like your mixing a back test with an exploration - but go ahead and tell
  me how empty my head is--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Steve
  Almond" <steve2@xxxx> wrote:> So,> > Did anyone
  make a winning system from this?> > Steve>
  ----- Original Message ----- >   From: kk2628
  >   To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx >   Sent:
  Wednesday, December 10, 2003 10:07 AM>   Subject: [amibroker]
  Need help> > >   Hi,>
  >   I just try to test out an article by Larry Connors "Do
  You Buy Breakouts? Think Again" <A
  href="">http://biz.yahoo.com/tm/031208/11017_4.html.>
  >   However, I have been struggle with the AFL code to find
  out the total points as described in the article (I do not expect the same
  figure but should be close enough). There are two ways I can do it (I
  assume), one is the easier way using AA backtester but I faced the
  challenge to fix the number of contract to 1. The number of contract get
  increase and decrease along the way and I have played with the
  Positionsize but no success. Another way is to accummulate the different
  between the sellprice and buyprice and use Explorer to find out the net
  total points. But I failed to code in both ways. > >
  Following is the AFL I have tried but failed. Greatly appreciate your help
  here to point out my error.>
  newhigh=Cross(H,Ref(HHV(H,10),-1));> >
  newlow=Cross(Ref(LLV(L,10),-1),L);> >
  MAavg=MA(C,10);> >
  PlotOHLC(O,H,L,C,"close",colorWhite,styleCandle);> >
  Plot(MAavg,"ma",colorYellow,styleLine);> >
  nbuy=newlow;> >   nSell=Cross(C,MAavg);>
  >   Buy=ExRem(nBuy,nSell);> >
  Sell=ExRem(nSell,nBuy);> >
  Count=SellPrice-BuyPrice;> >
  PlotShapes(Buy*shapeDownArrow,colorGreen);> >
  PlotShapes(Sell*shapeUpArrow,colorRed);> >
  Plot(Count,"count",colorBlue,styleLine);> >
  Filter=1;> >   AddColumn(BuyPrice,"bp",1.3);>
  >   AddColumn(SellPrice,"sp",1.3);>
  >   AddColumn(Count,"c",1.3);> >   KK
  > >         Yahoo!
  Groups Sponsor