[amibroker] Re: Loading Data into AmiQuote

Ken,

Not sure if this is what you need, but here goes.....

ASX stocks in Yahoo have an .AX extension eg BHP's Yahoo ticker is
BHP.AX etc . The ticker "list" needs to be in a notepad file, saved,
with a TLS extension, to your Amibroker Folder, in the AmiQuote
subfolder as say, ASX.TLS.

When you launch AmiQuote, either via a shortcut or via Tools >>
AmiQuote (You can set this up with customise).

Once you go to File & Open in AmiQuote you should "see" your ASX file
with a AQ Icon...then either download Yahoo Historical or Current
Data as the need is.

BTW, I "occassionally" use Yahoo for ASX data, but
www.netquote.com.au EOD Data at about AUD $ 120 ?? pa makes a lot
more sense...in every way. I mainly use Yahoo for overseas indices,
currencies and bits n pieces.

Hope this is of help.

Regards

pacific

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ken Henderson" <kjh@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am trying to set up Amibroker to download ASX Yahoo data using
AmiQuote.  I have a ticker list with .tls extensions set up (line by
line, in a Notepad file) but experience difficulty when I attempt to
download the data using AmiQuote.

> Following the procedure outlined (as per instruction)  I launch
AmiQuote, then go to File & Open,  however I do not gain a window
with a country combo box to choose from but rather an AmiQuote window
as I would obtain if I opened AmiBroker, Tools, Auto-update Quotes
(US & Canada).

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511