[amibroker] Re: Laguerre RSI Indicator

Thanks to Ara, Graham and Jayson for your responses to my post re the
Laguerre RSI indicator.  Obviously, the MS code is vastly different
than the AFL language, but the result is plotted by the 'IF'
statement in the last line; If temp is equal to -1 then display a '0'
otherwise display the value of 'cu divided by temp'.  The trick in
this formula is to duplicate the MS 'Prev' function and I appreciate
the references to past posts on this subject.  The 'Prev' constant
allows one to create self-referencing formulas - one that is able to
reference the previous period's value of itself.  Example:
((H+L+C)/3)+PREV
the formula divides the High, Low and Close price by 3 and then adds
this value to Yesterday's value of the ((H+L+C)/3).
One wouls assume that the PREV function could be readily replace by
the AB Ref() function, but it is not that easy.  At any rate I will
continue to attemp[t a conversion of this indicator as it is pretty
good.

Thanks again,
Ron

g:=0.5;
L0:=((1-g)*C) + (g*PREV);
L1:=(-g*L0) + Ref(L0,-1) + (g*PREV);
L2:=(-g*L1) + Ref(L1,-1) + (g*PREV);
L3:=(-g*L2) + Ref(L2,-1) + (g*PREV);

cu:= If(L0>L1, L0-L1,0) + If(L1>L2, L1-L2,0) + If(L2>L3, L2-L3,0);
cd:= If(L0<L1, L1-L0,0) + If(L1<L2, L2-L1,0) + If(L2<L3, L3-L2,0);

temp:= If(cu+cd=0, -1,cu+cd);
If(temp=-1,0,cu/temp)

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511