RE: [amibroker] Chart Template vs Layout

Don't forget that layouts
encompass multiple charts where as templates represent a set of chart panes
along with their indicators, so that's why you might want to use layouts. There
is a lot of flexibility here its just a matter of learning the features and
properties of the two.

But that's why I'd really like
to be able to link a layout to a ticker symbol and have it all happen
transparently. So when you open the ticker from workspace or F3 or AA or
anywhere its layout would open automatically with it. It really does depend
on the way you work with tickers and charts. I like to set up a a custom layout
for many of the tickers I'm interested in so the ability to have a layout linked
to a ticker would work really well ( a little like the MS smartchart idea which
aren't so smart actually) but AmiBrokers layouts are a lot
better.

Regards,William Peters<A
href="">www.amitools.com
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Mark H
[mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Saturday December 6, 2003 10:53
PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re: [amibroker]
Chart Template vs Layout
It seems layouts also save the ticker information
and always go back to the original tickers when you open it, which is
getting a bit annoying since you have to switch back to the ticker you just
viewed. Template doesn't save ticker and you can apply it to the one you are
viewing.

- Mark H
<BLOCKQUOTE