Re: [amibroker] Re: controlling exploration output

I have a follow up question about this, Andrew.

A>> Same concept, another option.

A>> List = "MSFT,INTC,IBM";
A>> myorder = 1000;
A>> for( i = 0; ( sym = StrExtract( List, i ) ) != ""; i++ )
A>> {
A>> if(Name()==sym){myorder = i+1;}
A>> }
A>> Filter = 1;
A>> AddColumn(myorder,"My Order");

A>> Just type your list in the order you want

I thought if I set

SetOption("nodefaultcolumns", True );

that I could make myorder be the first column on the left.  I can and
it is of course, but normally that first column is the ticker column,
and it sorts low numbers to high (low numbers first).  But when I
make my list and run the exploration, it prints out the first symbol
as 1, but sorts with the highest numbers first.  The obvious and easy
solution (other than a click) is to reverse the order of my typed
list. But the question is why is the automatic sort order inverse of
the sort order applied to the default ticker column?  I can't figure
that one out.

Yuki

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511