size=2>Hello croh,
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Welcome to the list!
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Like many others on this list I almost forgot I worked MetaStock RT a few
years ago. Wouldn't know where the box is right now, it is not installed on my
computer anymore. I stopped looking at it as soon as I discovered that none of
the systems I developed in AmiBroker could be implemented in Metastock, the MS
language simply couldn't handle it - and that was a few years ago!

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>You might want to look a a thread "AmiBroker vs Metastock" that took
place on this list only a few weeks ago. There were many testimonials at that
time. You may only get a few this time because so many wrote lengthy
endorsements for AmiBroker at that time and few are willing to do that every few
weeks :-)
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>The exceptional power of AmiBroker requires an exceptional powerful
programming language (AFL). This means that to develop complicated systems take
advantage of all the functions/tools you will have to read the manual. However
Help is easy to find: just place your cursor on the function and press F1.
Syntax checking and auto function completion are also extremely helpful and
often make it unnecessary to memorize all the function details. Also there is a
wealth of practical code in files and on the AmiBroker website - a must for any
newcomer to browse through.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Amibroker with QuotPlus data is all I need/subscribe to at this time,
perhaps one day I might add eSignal RT data.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>best regards,
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Herman.
<SPAN
class=410311906-03122003><FONT face=Arial
color=#0000ff>
<SPAN
class=410311906-03122003>
<SPAN
class=410311906-03122003>
<SPAN
class=410311906-03122003> -----Original Message-----From:
croh [mailto:croh@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: December 3, 2003 4:06
AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker]
AmiBroker or MetaStock?
I am truly delighted to see such a spirited and helpful
  discussion forum among AmiBroker users. The sheer force of such an
  excellent unselfish group will virtually guarantee the success of
  AmiBorker and its users. Congratulations if you are one of the
  users.I recently purchased MetaStock, and I am in real dilemma after
  discovering AmiBroker. MetaStock is easy to learn and I like that
  there are over 100 well-organized trading systems, tested and
  sanctioned(?) by Equis. With AmiBroker, there are no less variety of
  systms contributed by volunteers. But I am no programmer, and to this
  uninitiated, I don't know I can sort out which systems are worth
  trying or if any of the sytems published are error free and
  usable.(looking at the AFL Libriary, there seems to be a fair amount of
  scripts which are incomplete or contain errors.) I really like the
  AmiBroker user community, but I am not sure this is for the green horns,
  who have not used computerized systms before. Should I gain some
  experience for trading systems with MetaStock, before I adopt AmiBorker?
  If I started with AmiBroker, I will have no idear what systems to start
  with.I don't know I will get anyone's response, but I wish well to
  such a spirited group.PS, It will be nice if Tomasz' team or a
  volunteer group can review the contributed systms and publish some kind of
  "Officail AmiBroker systems" for most of the well known trading systems.
  That can be  the starting point of many newbies.Send
  group FAQ at: <A
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.