Re: [amibroker] Mutual Fund Money Management

Yes, I agree. I'm not a mutual fund guru by any stretch of the imagination.
Don't know that much about them. But your insight about MFs holding vastly
similar stocks is dead on wrt similar volatilities and price action. Better to
diversify into totally different MFs with different objectives (large cap, small
cap, value, growth, etc.) to fill out your capital needs. My example simply
picked 3 MFs with similar volatiliites. However, if another fund you wanted to
trade had a much higher volatility, you'd buy less of it to preclude the price
movement from getting you out too soon. And, of course, the corollary is buying
a lower volatility MF would require you to plunk down more capital to risk your
1% (or whatever) because of its lower price movement. So, depending on the
volatilities, you could wind up buying more than 3 or less than 3 MFs.
<BLOCKQUOTE