<BLOCKQUOTE

  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Graham
  [mailto:gkavanagh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Saturday, November 29, 2003
  8:04 PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: RE:
  [amibroker] Cross or > ??
  While we are talking of
  cross and > in conditions, I did a quick check on something you would
  expect to give many signals

  Buy=<FONT
  color=#0000ff>Cross(H,<FONT
  color=#ff0000>L);
  It gave signals only on
  the day after the bar had zero range. (ie H=L)
  So cross only gives the
  first instance of the occurence.

  Cheers,Graham<A
  href="">http://groups.msn.com/ASXShareTrading<A
  href="">http://groups.msn.com/FMSAustralia

    <FONT
    face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Al Venosa
    [mailto:advenosa@xxxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Sunday, 30 November 2003
    8:53 AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re:
    [amibroker] Cross or > ??
    Just as an aside, Graham, when TJ implements pyramiding in
    AB, it's possible to envision circumstances when you wouldn't want
    to use ExRem to eliminate additional impulse signals. For example, in the
    example I gave before, suppose the threshold changes every day, and
    you WANT to add to your position every time H crosses above that
    threshold before you get an exit signal. In that case, those additional
    signals would not be unwanted, and you would refrain from using ExRem (or
    Equity(1)). But that's for the future.

    AV
    <BLOCKQUOTE