Re: [amibroker] Cross or > ??

Thanks for the explanation, Gary, about the difference between impulse and
state conditions. One question I have is in regard to your statement that, when
ANDing two terms, they should both be in state form. I can think of situations
where one can be in state form and one can be in impulse form. For example,
suppose you want to buy when MA1 crosses above MA2 (impulse) while the ATR(10)/C
is greater than, say, 0.03 (state). The cross statement could take place while
the ATR/C is > 0.03, and the latter could be true for a rather long time. You
certainly wouldn't want to write Buy = cross(ma1,ma2) AND cross(ATR(10)/C, 0.03)
because, as you said, that would have to take place on exactly the same day.
Rather, you'd want to write: Buy = Cross(ma1,ma2) AND ATR(10)/C>0.03. Right?

By the way, the cross statement could take place 2 days in a row if the MA1
crossed below the MA2 again the day after it crossed above MA2, then rose above
MA2 again. In that case, you would have 0000 11 0000.

Al Venosa
<BLOCKQUOTE