[amibroker] Cross or > ??

Is it proper to use the "Cross" statement in a BUY statement or the >
symbol. I have been using these interchangeable, but it appears I
should not!

Buy = Cross(MA(C,30),MA(C,50));
Buy = MA(C,30) > MA(C,50);

I was doing some optimization for MA and found a difference in
returns between using the "Cross" or the '>'!

I would have thought they would be the same since they both buy when
the 30 day is greater than the 50 day!

Could someone tell me which one is correct and if you have time WHY!

Thanks, Joe

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511