[amibroker] Re: Why doesn't this work

Getting closer and closer ...

Gary: I used the lastvalue function as you suggested and it
eliminated the "bad argument" error. Thanks!

Dave: You were right that I wasn't using "Buyprice" correctly. I was
able to get what I wanted by making a new variable "priceatbuy."
Thanks!

And I tweaked a couple of other things. But now I have another
problem I'm trying to work through. To restate what I'm trying to
do ... I want a 50 pip stoploss, but once I have 30 pips of
profit I want to switch to a 20 pip trailing stop. Here is the code
in it's current state:

Buy = Cross(EMA(Close,12),EMA(Close,26));
Short = Cross(EMA(Close,26),EMA(Close,12));
Sell = Short;
Cover = Buy;
PositionSize=100000;
priceatbuy=ValueWhen(Buy,BuyPrice,1);
Var1=IIf(High>=(priceatbuy+0.003),2,0);
Var2=IIf(High>=(priceatbuy+0.003),0.002,0.005);
ApplyStop(LastValue(Var1),2,Var2,True,False);

My problem is that the trailing stop doesn't stick. If the profit
for a trade goes back below 30 pips it reverts to the 50 pip stop
loss. What I want to backtest is that the trailing stop (once
triggered) remains throughout that particular trade. Then the next
trade starts with the 50 pip simple stop loss. Any ideas?

All help is truly appreciated!

James

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511