RE: [amibroker] Re: Why doesn't this work

You
might take a look at the syntax for your applystop.....
<SPAN
class=242101618-28112003>

    SYNTAX
    applystop( type, mode,
      amount, exitatstop, volatile = False )

    RETURNS
    nothing

    FUNCTION
    controls built-in stops from the formula level (allows
      optimization of stops)
      Parameters:
      type =0 = stopTypeLoss - maximum loss stop,1 =
      stopTypeProfit - profit target stop,2 = stopTypeTrailing - trailing
      stop,3 = stopTypeNBar - N-bar stop
      mode = 0 - disable stop (stopModeDisable),1 - amount in
      percent (stopModePercent), or number of bars for N-bar stop
      (stopModeBars),2 - amount in points (stopModePoint);3 - amount in
      percent of profit (risk)
      amount = percent/point loss/profit trigger/risk
      amount.This could be a number (static stop level) or an array (dynamic
      stop level)
      exitatstop = False - exits at defined price field,True -
      exits at stop level
      volatile - decides if amount (or distance) (3rd parameter)
      is sampled at the trade entry and remains fixed during the trade (Volatile
      = FALSE - old behaviour) or if can vary during the trade (Volatile = TRUE)
      (allows single line Chandelier exit implementation)

    EXAMPLE
    /* max loss stop optimization */ApplyStop(
      stopTypeLoss, stopAmountPercent, optimize( "max. loss stop level", 10, 2,
      30, 1 ), True );
      /* single-line implementation of Chandelier exit
      */ApplyStop(stopTypeTrailing, stopModePoint, 3*ATR(14), True, True );

Regards,
Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: the_real_redleg
[mailto:james.hall3@xxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Friday, November 28, 2003 11:01
AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
Why doesn't this workOK, fix made but now I get the
following error:Line 8, Column
34:PositionSize=100000;Var1=IIf(Close>=(BuyPrice+0.003),2,1);Var2=IIf(Close<(BuyPrice+0.003),0.005,0.002);ApplyStop(Var1,2,Var2,True,False);---------------------------------^Error
2.Bad argumentsI didn't think my arguments were that bad.
(?)James--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
"the_real_redleg" <james.hall3@xxxx> wrote:> LOL!! That's what
I get for staring at the computer screen too long.> >
Thanks!> > > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Silvarius"
<silvarius@xxxx> wrote:> > the correct spelling of the
function is "IIF()" and not "IFF()". > It's that> > simple
;-)> > > > Best regards> > Jérôme ULRICH>
>   -----Message d'origine-----> >   De :
the_real_redleg [mailto:james.hall3@xxxx]> >   Envoyé :
vendredi 28 novembre 2003 16:12> >   À :
amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> >   Objet : [amibroker] Why
doesn't this work> > > > > >   Greetings
all,> > > >   I'm trying to backtest a trailing
stop that is only implemented> >   after a certain profit
target has been reach. I HAVE been trying > to>
>   figure out if/else looping which should be the answer
according > to> >   previous discussions here
(really!). But reading through the AFL> >   reference
manual again this morning it seems to me that I should > be>
>   able to do it by using the IFF function to assign differing
> results> >   to variables that I then use within
the applystop function. Here > is> >   the code
that is not working. (What I am want to do (for this> >
example) is have a 50 pip stoploss, but once I have 30 pips of>
>   profit switch to a 20 pip trailing stop.)> > >
>   Buy = Cross(EMA(Close,12),EMA(Close,26));>
>   Short = Cross(EMA(Close,26),EMA(Close,12));>
>   Sell = Short;> >   Cover = Buy;>
>   PositionSize=100000;> >
Var1=iff(Close>=(BuyPrice+0.003),2,1);> >
Var2=iff(Close<(BuyPrice+0.003),0.005,0.002);> >
ApplyStop(Var1,2,Var2,True,False);> > > >   I get
a syntax error right at the first IFF.> > > >
Why does this give me a syntax error?> > > >   Is
it possible to do what I'm attempting using this general>
>   approach? (I'll keep banging my head against the intricacies
of> >   if/else looping if I have to, but this would sure be
a lot > simpler.> >   Even easier would be an if/else
function that works on arrays!)> > > >   Thanks in
advance for your help.> > > >   James> >

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor>

ADVERTISEMENT> > > > > > > > >
>   Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx> >   Send
SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx> >