[amibroker] Re: to HERMAN: N100 Correlation table

Hermann, Dimitri and All,

That's a wonderfull code to loops tickers against tickers with a
specified WL.
I have played with all the piece of codes you have given and
came with this code for everybody

// Exploration WATCHLIST relative Correlation table

list = GetCategorySymbols( categoryWatchlist, 1 );//WL 1
TickerList="";
Count=0;
for( i = 0; ( sym = StrExtract( list, i ) ) != ""; i++ )
{
TickerList=TickerList + sym + ",";
Count++;
}

Filter=1;

AddTextColumn(Name(),"Ticker",1.0);
AddTextColumn(FullName(),"FullName");
SetOption("NoDefaultColumns",1);

C1 = ROC(C,1);

for(i=0;i<Count;i++)
{
Ticker = StrExtract( TickerList, i );
C2 = ROC(Foreign(Ticker,"C"),1);
Corr = Correlation(C1, C2, 8 );
Color = IIf(Corr>0.7,8,4); // Add colors to make a heat map
AddColumn(Corr,Ticker,1.3,1,Color);
}

> Herman,
> There is no need to write the 100 tickers. If they belong to WL10,
> then
>  list = GetCategorySymbols( categoryWatchlist, 10 );
> tickerlist="";
>  for( i = 0; ( sym = StrExtract( list, i ) ) != ""; i++ )
> {
> tickerlist=tickerlist+sym+",";
> }
> Title=tickerlist;
> The advantage is that you don't have to correct the code after any
> N100 change, it is done automatically as soon as you correct WL10.
> Note also that StrExtract()  needs a "comma-separated list of
items",
> that's why the above +",".
> The result will have a "," at the end, but this is not a problem.
> Dimitris Tsokakis
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dave Merrill" <dmerrill@xxxx>
> wrote:
> > I've lost track of the original context, but could you do this
even
> more
> > easily by iterating through the tickers in a known watchlist?
> >
> > Dave
> >
> >   this is actually the "data" type statement I have been looking
> for....
> > wanted to store individual thresholds in some easy way - this is
> easier than
> > a file system :-)
> >
> >   herman

constituting
> the
> >         nasdaq100 in one scan?
> >         >       my code below will explore       the correlations
> of IBM
> > with
> >         the other 99 constituents of my       nasdaq100
watchlist.
> is there
> >         way in afl to tell amibroker to first       calculate
these
> >         correlations for one stock, then go to the next and do the
> > same
> >         there and so forth, so that i could find out the 10
highest
> >         correlations within the nasdaq100 for example ??
> >         >       i have tried many ideas but i       am stuck
> (haven't
> >         mastered the new loop formulas very well yet)       ...
> >         >
> >         >       any help would be greatly       appreciated,
maybe
> this
> >         procedure would interest other amibroker users as
> well.
> >         >
> >         >       thanks in       advance,
> >         >
> >         >       dirk
> >         >
> >         >
> >         > pair="IBM";
> >         >
> >         > x=Foreign(pair,"C");
> >         >
> >         > y=C;
> >         >
> >         > xpc=ROC(x,1);
> >         >
> >         > ypc=ROC(y,1);
> >         >
> >         > Graph0=Correlation(xpc,ypc,20);
> >         >
> >         > Graph1=Correlation(xpc,ypc,200);
> >         >
> >         > Filter=Graph0>0.7       AND Graph1>0.5;
> >         >
> >         > AddColumn(Graph0,"Cor20",1.2);
> >         >
> >         > AddColumn(Graph1,"Cor200",1.2);
> >         >
> >         > AddColumn(Graph0+Graph1,"total",1.2);
> >         >
> >         > Buy=0;
> >         >
> >         >
> >         >
> >         >
> >         >
PM
> >         >         Subject: [amibroker] how to loop
through
> a list of
> >         tickers ?
> >         >
> >         >
> >         >                 hello,
> >         >
> >         >         this is my first         post.
> >         >         i have been working my way         into the
ideas
> behind
> >         pair trading, reading the interesting posts by
yuki
> a few
> >         months ago and writing some code.
> >         >         here is where i'm stuck:         when i
calculate
> >         correlation, price ratio and other things like
beta
> ratio it
> >         is my understanding that when scanning my database i can
> only
> >         compare one stock at a time with the rest of my
universe. --
>  is
> >         it         possible to calculate all correlations between
> all stocks
> >         in one scan??         i know that with big groups this
> would mean
> >         millions of         calculations, but for a group like
the
> n100 this
> >         should be possible?
> >         >         can this be done by some         sort of loop?
> >         >         i searched the mailing list         archive and
> found only
> >         one hint by DT, talking about maybe using
something
> like
> >         Status("STOCKNUM") == 0   , but i         could not work
> that out
> >         >
> >         >         any help is         appreciated,
> >         >         thanks in         advance,
> >         >
> >         >         dirk
> >         >
> >         >
> >         >
> >         > Send BUG REPORTS to         bugs@xxxx
> >         > Send SUGGESTIONS to         suggest@xxxx
> >         > Post         AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to:
> >         amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >         > (Web         page:
> >         > Check         group FAQ at:

> >         >
> >         > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
Terms

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511