[amibroker] Re: playing with exits

<Maybe this might be easier than I think?  Certainly this "thinking
out loud" process helps me.

For example, if I append 'AND ref(Open, 1) < BStopLevel' to the Buy
statement, would that be enough to turn the trick?  (The rest of the
code would remain the same, but I think this would for purposes of
back testing remove every winning or break even trade, leaving only
the losers (at the normal exit point) for further exit manipulation?)>

Yuki,

Your *particular* example of entering a position one day and exiting
the position the next day should make this easy... otherwise it would
be very difficult.

The approach you outlined above will work, OR when you check the next
days Open price for your Exit condition...  you could nullify the
entire position in a losing situation by coding Ref(Buy, -1) = False;

The results will be quick and obvious... if you have ONLY profitable
trades or ONLY losing trades then it probably worked fine.

Good luck,

Phsst

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511