  >From:
  <A title=gillesdeprez@xxxxxxxxx
  href="">gillesdeprez
  To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Thursday, November 27, 2003 11:33
  AM
  Subject: [amibroker] Re: Riks yahoo
  problem
  Hello Rick,Do as Tomasz said, import the 50 something
  first tickers, the use a proxy for the 50 next, and so on...It's boring
  but it worked with me...Hope this helps,Friendly,GillesPS
  Hope youdon't have 8000 tickers in your database...--- In <A
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
  "ricko8294_98" <ricko8294_98@x...>
  wrote:> I am having the same probem getting Yahoo Historical data
  (after > getting data from 50 or so stocks I get a "timeed out" message
  and no > more data).  I have no problem seeing historical data
  from the Yahoo > website but when I try to download to a
  spreadsheet the page "cannot > be opened".> > Have
  the settings changed on the Yahoo webpage??> It's been 4 or 5 days
  since I've been able to update> Rick> > --- In
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <amibroker@xxxx>
  > wrote:> > If you only can reconnect with different IP, or
  use proxy.> > > > Best regards,> > Tomasz
  Janeczko> > amibroker.com> > ----- Original Message -----
  > > From: "emg_gang" <joeemmett@xxxx>> > To:
  <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> > Sent: Wednesday, November 26,
  2003 11:02 PM> > Subject: [amibroker] Re: Riks yahoo problem>
  computer for awhile now. I was > > > downloading everything
  OK up to a couple days ago. I guess they > still > > >
  have me on the 'wait list' since I have timed out several times >
  today.> > > > > > Another problem!! I went to
  'historical quotes' and was going to > > > download a few
  quotes from there. At the bottom of the page > > > is 'download
  to spreadsheet'. I click on there and after a long > time > >
  > I get 'page cannot be displayed'.> > > > > >
  Another problem!! I have McAfee firewall and virus scan. I have > not
  > > > changed any settings. Just today I started getting these
  'Port > Scan > > > Attacks'. On the visual trace most of
  them are coming from > Registrant-> > > Yahoo.Inc.>
  from Amibroker > and > > > from the 'Historical quotes'
  but same results.> > > > > > Any help greatly
  appreciated, Joe> > > > > > > > > ---
  In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "hrasmussen@xxxx" >
  <hrasmussen@xxxx> > > > wrote:> > > > It
  seems that once you time out on yahoo, they remember you for > a
  > > > while.> > > > Must be logging the IP
  addresses.> > > > > > > > Rik
  Message:> > > > -----------------> > > > From:
  emg_gang joeemmett@xxxx> > > > Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 18:26:14
  +0000> > > > To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> > >
  > Subject: [amibroker] Re: Riks yahoo problem> > > >
  quotes before I got 'operation > timed > > > > out' on
  all the rest. At 12:30 P.M. CST it timed out on the > first >
  > > > quote.> > > > > > > > >
  Rasmussen" > <hrasmussen@xxxx> > > > >
  wrote:> > > > > Those are Amibroker settings, have nothing
  to do with daily > > > > download by> > > >
  > AmiQuote.> > > > > > > > > > My
  problem is Yahoo stops after I get the EOD for about 35 >
  funds.> > > > > > > > > > Rik
  Message-----> > > > >   From: mrdavis9
  [mailto:mrdavis9@xxxx]> > > > >   Sent:
  Wednesday, November 26, 2003 1:27 AM> > > > >
  To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> > > > >   Subject:
  Re: [amibroker] Riks yahoo problem> > > > > > >
  show the preferences window of the > > > > settings.
  symbols, and the > number of > > > > bars is>
  Riks yahoo problem> > > > > > > > > >
  settings are working well on my > desktop, > > > > and
  my> > > > > notebook is the same except it has in-memory
  cache set at > 2232 > > > > symbols. Both> >
  > > > are working well except for a few days ago when everyone
  had > > > Yahoo > > > > problems.>

  suggest@xxxx> > > > >

  use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms > of >
  > > > Service.> > > > > > > > >
  Free.> > > > >     Checked by AVG
  anti-virus system (<A
  href="">http://www.grisoft.com).> > >
  Release Date: > > > > 11/23/2003> > > > >

  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor> > > > > > > > > >
  REPORTS to bugs@xxxx> > > > >   Send SUGGESTIONS
  to suggest@xxxx> > > > >
  Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of > > > >
  Service.> > > > > > > > > > >
  bugs@xxxx> > > > Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx> >
  subject to > > > <A
  href="">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/