[amibroker] Re: Newby...If You are as I...(you poor unfortunate)

Cool William,
Thank you,

I always wondered why experienced
users wrote AFL like;
Plot(MA(Close,9),"",colorDarkGreen,styleline);
instead of the neater/shorter;
Plot(Ma(C,9),"",19,1);
Now I know, I can save some time.
Thanks again

Regds Gerard

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "William Peters"
<williampeters@xxxx> wrote:
> Gerard,
>
> Thanks for that contribution.
>
> Even after some years I'm still using help and the readme file
everyday simply because of the pace of development...I've even
invested in a state-of-the-art document and text retrieval system
that will retrieve any document on my hard drive within milliseconds
with the search text hi-lighted, time is money and its saved me a lot
of time over the years.

> I'm not sure whether you realised that the colors and style
constants and everything is available from within the code window. It
doesn't come with any description but at least you can see the color
and style names so you don't have to remember the numbers.

> So when you type say; Plot(  then press {Ctl}{Space} keys at this
point you get the drop down list of constants etc

> Regards,
> William Peters
> www.amitools.com

unfortunate)

> Friend,
>
> If you are as I,
> Challenged IQ-ally,
> Memorially, Mathematically, Conceptually,
> To name but a few,
> Well this may interest you.
>
> You see I was damn sick of wasting time finding info. Continually
hitting
> the help button and ploughing thru page after page of the manual.
Talk
> about frustrating. Half the time I'd previously found what I was now
> looking for and not couldn't I remember it, I couldn't find it
again!
> A flash of inspiration suggested I use Indicator Builder to create a
> readily accessible source of stuff I regularly use.
>
> What you see underneath is a straight copy & paste from an IB pane
of
> mine named A INFO (that name keeps it at the top of the Indicators
list).

> In my custom A INFO indicator I keep easy to get at;
> AFL numbers of the colours I use.
> AFL numbers of the chart styles I use.
> AFL formuae I can copy/paste until I get to remember them.
> All Kinds of other guff I consider useful.
>
> This is all arranged in descending order of
useability/complication, for
> me that is.
> I mean when is a drongo like me ever gunna use;
> _TRACE   - print text to system debug viewer
> Yeah right.
>
> I dump stuff when I am finally able to remember it.
>
> NB.
> PLEASE don't do a straight copy/paste of my file (I sure as hell
wouldn't
> trust me to be correct), but create your own. Your needs will be
> different.
>
> REGDS GERARD
>
> // A INFO
> // COLOURS
> 5=green  19=darkgreen       4=red  24=darkred    6=blue
21=darkBlue
> 7=yellow  1=black    2=white  25=orange  28=Teal  38=Violet
>
> // CHART STYLES
> 1-line    4-thick    2-histogram    8-line with dots    16-no
line
> 32-semi-log scale    64-candlestick    128-bar    256-styleNoDraw
> 512-staircase (square)    1024-middle dots for staircase    2048-no
> rescale    4096-no value label    8192-point AND figure    16384-
wide
> histogram    32768-styleOwnScale    65536-styleLeftAxisScale
> You can combine some styles but NOT all make sense, for example
(64+1)
> (candlestick + line) will result in candlestick chart (style=64 )
>
> // COPY / PASTE SAMPLES
>
> // To graph a (MA) Moving Average (6=Colour, 1=Chart style, see
above)
> insert-
> Plot(MA(C,30),"ma",6,1);
>
> // To scan for a MA Crossover, insert-
> Buy=Cross(MA(Close,3),MA(Close,18));
> Sell=Cross(MA(Close,18),MA(Close,3));
>
> // To scan for an Indicator Cross, insert-
> Buy = Cross( RSI(), 30 );
> Sell = Cross( 70, RSI() );
>
> /*To add a Title, insert */   Title=Name()+ "Put name here";
> /*To increase the no of Graphs in a pane, insert */    MaxGraph=10;
> /*To squash graphs into Indicator pane, insert */    GraphXSpace=5;
> /*To add a Filter (Volume) to an Exploration, insert */    Filter =
> Volume > 500000;
> /*To add a Column to AA Exploration RESULTS, insert */  AddColumn(
Close,
> [...]
> DayOfWeek - Day of week
> DayOfYear  - get ordinal number of Day in A Year
> EndValue    - value of the array at the begin of the selected range
> Hour           - get current bar's Hour
> Interval      - get bar Interval (in seconds)
> Minute        - get current bar's Minute
> Month         - Month
> Now            - gets current system Date/time
> Second       - get current bar's Second
> TimeNum    - get current bar time
> Year           - Year
>
> // MATH FUNCTIONS
> abs   - absolute value
> atan  - arc tan
> ceil    - ceil value
> cos    - cosine
> exp    - exponential function
> floor   - floor value
> frac    - fractional part
> int      - integer part
> log     - natural logarithm
> log10 - decimal logarithm
> Max   - maximum value of two numbers / arrays
> Min    - minimum value of two numbers / arrays
> Prec   - adjust number of decimal points of floating point number
> round - round number to nearest integer
> sin     - sine function
> sqrt    - square root
>
> // STATISTICAL FUNCTIONS
> Correlation  - Correlation
> LinearReg    - linear regression end-point
> LinRegIntercept -
> LinRegSlope - linear regression slope
> Random  - Random number
> StdErr    - standard error
> StDev   - standard deviation
> TSF      - time series forecast
>
> // STRING MANIPULATION
> StrExtract - extracts given item (substring) from comma-separated
string
> StrLeft    - extracts the leftmost part
> StrLen    - string length
> StrMid    - extracts part of the string
> StrRight  - extracts the rightmost part of the string
>
> // TRADING SYSTEM TOOLBOX
> AlertIf      - trigger alerts
> ApplyStop - apply built-in stop
> BarsSince - bars since
> Cross       - crossover check
> Equity      - calculate Equity line
> ExRem     - remove excessive signals
> ExRemSpan - remove excessive signals spanning given number of bars
> Flip     - (AFL 1.5)
> Hold   - Hold the alert Signal
> IIf      - immediate if function
> LastValue   - last value of the array
> Optimize    - define optimization variable
> Ref            - reference past/future values of the array
> SetOption   - sets options in automatic analysis settings
> SetTradeDelays - allows to control trade delays applied by the
backtester
> ValueWhen        - get value of the array when condition met
>
> // MISCELLANEOUS FUNCTIONS
> #include   - preprocessor include command
> #pragma   - sets AFL pre-processor option
> CreateObject         - create COM object
> CreateStaticObject - create static COM object
> EnableScript          - enable scripting engine
> EnableTextOutput   - enables/disables text output in the Chart
Commentary

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511