[amibroker] Re: Newby...If You are as I...(you poor unfortunate)

  • To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [amibroker] Re: Newby...If You are as I...(you poor unfortunate)
  • From: "gerard_carey" <gcfinance@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 21:24:18 -0800

Gary,

Sports Illustrated?
Swimsuit Models?
What are you trying to do to me?
When it comes to wishing,
At my age, all I wish is that I was twenty years older.
Then they wouldn't worry me the way they do!

Regds Gerard

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Gary A. Serkhoshian"
<serkhoshian777@xxxx> wrote:
Graham, nice tip. I never noticed favorites in help.

Gerard, believe it or not we are all very forgetful.  I force myself
to read through all the functions on a regular basis to remember what
I can do with AFL.

It's not as much fun as reading the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit
issue, but I suppose the idea is to learn the functions, to program
the grail, to make the money, to afford the swimsuit models : ))))

Kind Regards,
Gary

> Graham <gkavanagh@xxxx> wrote:
> Gerard, the other way is to use the Favorites tab within the help
files. I
> use this to go quickly to the AFL lists, AFL reference manual etc
>
> When you find a useful page, add it to your favourites list
>
> Cheers,
> Graham
> http://groups.msn.com/ASXShareTrading
> http://groups.msn.com/FMSAustralia

unfortunate)

> Friend,
>
> If you are as I,
> Challenged IQ-ally,
> Memorially, Mathematically, Conceptually,
> To name but a few,
> Well this may interest you.
>
> You see I was damn sick of wasting time finding info. Continually
hitting
> the help button and ploughing thru page after page of the manual.
Talk about
> frustrating. Half the time I'd previously found what I was now
> looking for and not couldn't I remember it, I couldn't find it
again!
> A flash of inspiration suggested I use Indicator Builder to create
a readily
> accessible source of stuff I regularly use.
>
> What you see underneath is a straight copy & paste from an IB pane
of mine
> named A INFO (that name keeps it at the top of the Indicators list).
>
> In my custom A INFO indicator I keep easy to get at;
> AFL numbers of the colours I use.
> AFL numbers of the chart styles I use.
> AFL formuae I can copy/paste until I get to remember them.
> All Kinds of other guff I consider useful.
>
> This is all arranged in descending order of
useability/complication, for me
> that is. I mean when is a drongo like me ever gunna use;
> _TRACE   - print text to system debug viewer
> Yeah right.
>
> I dump stuff when I am finally able to remember it.
>
> NB.
> PLEASE don't do a straight copy/paste of my file (I sure as hell
wouldn't
> trust me to be correct), but create your own. Your needs will be
different.

> REGDS GERARD
>
> // A INFO
> // COLOURS
> 5=green  19=darkgreen       4=red  24=darkred    6=blue
21=darkBlue
> 7=yellow  1=black    2=white  25=orange  28=Teal  38=Violet
>
> // CHART STYLES
> 1-line    4-thick    2-histogram    8-line with dots    16-no
line
> 32-semi-log scale    64-candlestick    128-bar    256-styleNoDraw
> 512-staircase (square)    1024-middle dots for staircase    2048-no
> rescale    4096-no value label    8192-point AND figure    16384-
wide
> histogram    32768-styleOwnScale    65536-styleLeftAxisScale
> You can combine some styles but NOT all make sense, for example
(64+1)
> (candlestick + line) will result in candlestick chart (style=64 )
>
> // COPY / PASTE SAMPLES
>
> // To graph a (MA) Moving Average (6=Colour, 1=Chart style, see
above)
> insert-
> Plot(MA(C,30),"ma",6,1);
>
> // To scan for a MA Crossover, insert- Buy=Cross(MA(Close,3),MA
(Close,18));
> Sell=Cross(MA(Close,18),MA(Close,3));
>
> // To scan for an Indicator Cross, insert-
> Buy = Cross( RSI(), 30 );
> Sell = Cross( 70, RSI() );
>
> /*To add a Title, insert */   Title=Name()+ "Put name here";
> /*To increase the no of Graphs in a pane, insert */    MaxGraph=10;
> /*To squash graphs into Indicator pane, insert */    GraphXSpace=5;
> /*To add a Filter (Volume) to an Exploration, insert */    Filter =
> Volume > 500000;
> /*To add a Column to AA Exploration RESULTS, insert */  AddColumn(
Close,
> [...]
> DayOfWeek - Day of week
> DayOfYear  - get ordinal number of Day in A Year
> EndValue    - value of the array at the begin of the selected range
> Hour           - get current bar's Hour
> Interval      - get bar Interval (in seconds)
> Minute        - get current bar's Minute
> Month         - Month
> Now            - gets current system Date/time
> Second       - get current bar's Second
> TimeNum    - get current bar time
> Year           - Year
>
> // MATH FUNCTIONS
> abs   - absolute value
> atan  - arc tan
> ceil    - ceil value
> cos    - cosine
> exp    - exponential function
> floor   - floor value
> frac    - fractional part
> int      - integer part
> log     - natural logarithm
> log10 - decimal logarithm
> Max   - maximum value of two numbers / arrays
> Min    - minimum value of two numbers / arrays
> Prec   - adjust number of decimal points of floating point number
> round - round number to nearest integer
> sin     - sine function
> sqrt    - square root
>
> // STATISTICAL FUNCTIONS
> Correlation  - Correlation
> LinearReg    - linear regression end-point
> LinRegIntercept -
> LinRegSlope - linear regression slope
> Random  - Random number
> StdErr    - standard error
> StDev   - standard deviation
> TSF      - time series forecast
>
> // STRING MANIPULATION
> StrExtract - extracts given item (substring) from comma-separated
string
> StrLeft    - extracts the leftmost part
> StrLen    - string length
> StrMid    - extracts part of the string
> StrRight  - extracts the rightmost part of the string
>
> // TRADING SYSTEM TOOLBOX
> AlertIf      - trigger alerts
> ApplyStop - apply built-in stop
> BarsSince - bars since
> Cross       - crossover check
> Equity      - calculate Equity line
> ExRem     - remove excessive signals
> ExRemSpan - remove excessive signals spanning given number of bars
> Flip     - (AFL 1.5)
> Hold   - Hold the alert Signal
> IIf      - immediate if function
> LastValue   - last value of the array
> Optimize    - define optimization variable
> Ref            - reference past/future values of the array
> SetOption   - sets options in automatic analysis settings
> SetTradeDelays - allows to control trade delays applied by the
backtester
> ValueWhen        - get value of the array when condition met
>
> // MISCELLANEOUS FUNCTIONS
> #include   - preprocessor include command
> #pragma   - sets AFL pre-processor option
> CreateObject         - create COM object
> CreateStaticObject - create static COM object
> EnableScript          - enable scripting engine
> EnableTextOutput   - enables/disables text output in the Chart
Commentary
> window
> GetExtraData         - get extra data from external data source
> GetScriptObject      - get access to script COM object
> IsEmpty  - empty value check
> IsFinite    - check if value is NOT infinite
> IsNan      - checks for NaN (NOT A number)
> IsNull      - check for Null (empty) value
> IsTrue     - True value (non-empty AND non-zero) check
> Nz           - Null (Null/Nan/Infinity) to zero
> Prefs       - retrieve preferences settings
> SetBarsRequired - set number of previous AND future bars needed for
> script/DLL to properly execute
> Status     - get run-time AFL Status information
> Study      - reference hand-drawn Study
> Version    - get Version info
> _TRACE   - print text to system debug viewer
>

> /* Gerard Carey
> Last altered:   12th Nov 2003 */
>
> /*xxxx end xxxx*/
>
> --
> http://www.fastmail.fm - One of many happy users:
>   http://www.fastmail.fm/docs/quotes.html

~--> Buy
> Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
Printer
> at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
> http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
> http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/GHeqlB/TM
>

> Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
>
> Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx