RE: [amibroker] What is padded data?

Thank
you all for the explanations. I now understand what is being padded and with
what, the need to fill holes is obvious, and the need for synchronization with
Foreign() makes sense.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>However, I still do not understand why a stock must be padded
"before" its first valid data/date, why is there a
specific reference to market timing, what can go wrong?
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Herman.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
Ps.
I searched
the beta list but got so many hits I gave up on reading all the post - Working
away from home on a laptop it's just too slow. Hope you
understand.

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Tomasz Janeczko
  [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxx]Sent: November 26, 2003 6:37
  PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re: [amibroker]
  What is padded data?
  Herman,

  Missing bars BEFORE first valid data bar of given
  security are filled with NULLs
  Missing bars AFTER first valid data bar of given
  security are filled with previous valid bar data.

  There was already discussion on this issue on amibroker-beta
  list.

  More on this in Foreign docs:
  <A
  href="">http://www.amibroker.com/guide/afl/afl_view.php?name=FOREIGN

  Best regards,Tomasz Janeczkoamibroker.com
  <BLOCKQUOTE