RE: [amibroker] Re: Simple formula question - to Jayson

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>JMB,
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>x=williams%;
<FONT
face="Courier New">cond1=cross(ma(x,15),ma(x,35));
<FONT
face="Courier New">cond2=ma(x,150);
buy=cond1 AND
x<cond2
<FONT
face="Courier New">
I think this is the
same as the original just layed out differently but in essence the buy requires
the cross (cond1) but also requires that X (williams%) be below its own 150
dma
<FONT
face="Courier New">
Regards,
Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: jmbruegge
[mailto:jmbruegge@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2003 12:09
PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
Simple formula question - to JaysonThat worked fine,
however if i wanted to say "ONLY if the actual crossover (the 15 over 35)
occured UNDERNEATH the 150 MA" that is where I am stumped.The
formula looks like it says now " williams%R is less than the 150 MA and 15
crossover 35 MA"writing in if the crossover occured either under or over
the 150 MA is my problem. Any thoughts ?jmb ---
In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jayson" <jcasavant@xxxx> wrote:> No
it works the same. try something like Y=williams%r; then just replace
C> with Y> > Regards,> Jayson> -----Original
Message-----> From: jmbruegge [mailto:jmbruegge@xxxx]> Sent:
Tuesday, November 25, 2003 11:32 AM> To:
amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [amibroker] Re: Simple formula
question - to Jayson> > > Jayson - thanks-> >
I forgot to tell you this, I am using the Williams%R indicator as my>
model and not a simple closing price moving average. Will that make
a> difference in telling the signal to look for the williams%R
moving> averages versus the closing price ??> > cheers -
jmb> > > > amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jayson"
<jcasavant@xxxx> wrote:> > Jmb,> > try...> >
X=c<ma(c,150) AND cross(ma(c,15),ma(c,35));> >> >
November 25, 2003 10:06 AM> > To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [amibroker] Simple formula question> >>
>> > I am trying to write a simple formula for the following and
have> some> > of it written but am stuck near the end ->
>> > "Buy only if the 15 day MA crosses above the 35 day MA and
the> > crossover occurs below the 150 day moving average">
>> > here is what I have -
"Buy=cover=cross(graph8,graph9)________"> >> > graph 8 and 9
are the 15 and 35 day MA.> >> > How can I write out the end
"and the crossover occurs below the 150> > day MA" ?>
>> > Any help appreciated ??> >> > cheers -
jmb> >> >> >
Yahoo! Groups Sponsor>

ADVERTISEMENT> >> >> >> >> >
Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx> > Send SUGGESTIONS to
Post AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to: amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> >
(Web page: <A
Service.> > >
Yahoo! Groups
Sponsor>
ADVERTISEMENT> > > > > Send BUG REPORTS to
bugs@xxxx> Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx>
group FAQ at: <A
href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.