RE: [amibroker] Auto Optimize

<SPAN
class=474513221-24112003>sure, but not with the built-in optimize function, you
have to loop through the values you want to test in AFL, calculating Equity for
each combination and tracking which one does best.
<SPAN
class=474513221-24112003>
<SPAN
class=474513221-24112003>can I ask why you want to do this in the IB, instead of
in the AA window, then copying the code with the optimal values into the IB? if
the "best" answer can be evaluated in a straightforward numerical way, that's
probably your best shot, and certainly requires less coding. I generally do that
unless I need a visual to determine which answer I like, in which case, I'll use
Param statements to create interactive sliders I can play with while watching
the result in real time. if it makes sense, once I start to get a feel for what
works, enough to turn it into a mathematical rather than visual process, then
I'll that it over to AA for real optimization.
<SPAN
class=474513221-24112003>
<SPAN
class=474513221-24112003>maybe folks could be more helpful if you said
a little more about what you're working on.
<SPAN
class=474513221-24112003>
<SPAN
class=474513221-24112003>dave
<BLOCKQUOTE
>Is
  it possible to automatically optimize a couple of variables over a
  lookback period in the indicator builder. If so, how would you do this
  please?Glenn