[amibroker] ...those were the day's ...

<P
><SPAN
class=296533811-24112003><FONT face=Arial
size=2>Tomasz
<P
><SPAN
class=296533811-24112003>
<P
><SPAN
class=296533811-24112003>Tomasz I write this e-mail with
a mixture of confusion and disappointment and maybe even a bit of anger in there
somewhere.  A couple of years ago I started out on the market as a Newby -
like everybody else who starts something - you start at the bottom.  One
day I came across your website, downloaded the demo and the next day bought my
first registered version of AmiBroker...I was so exited as it was the solution
to all my charting troubles at that moment ( and still today for that matter
).  In South Africa at that stage there was nothing worth while on the
market and technical analysis was something new...even today there are no local
books available on this topic, not even in some of our best book stores...For
this reason I found the help and assistance I got from the Yahoo group to be
worth hundreds of time more than what I paid you for the
program.
<P
><SPAN
class=296533811-24112003>
<P
><SPAN
class=296533811-24112003>
<P
><SPAN
class=296533811-24112003>The group was a nice place to
hang out with fellow like minded people all on a discovery venture with you
providing the wheels and us tuning the engine.  AFL programming bumps was
sorted out with a gracious flair by the better informed and any newcomer was
made to feel welcome and encouraged to explore together with the group the great
program you have written for us.
<P
><SPAN
class=296533811-24112003>
<P
><SPAN
class=296533811-24112003>You have always done your best
to comply to our ever growing needs and suggestions and look what AmiBroker
looks like today it does not just compare to the best, it IS the best...why,
because it is adaptable and your programming speed and knowledge is undisputable
amazing.  For this reason it will always grow and also because of us, here
in the group and other fellow users who we have not yet met and user to
be.
<P
><SPAN
class=296533811-24112003>
<P
><SPAN
class=296533811-24112003>However, lately there has been
a obvious trend of burst of unkindness and anger.  I know for a fact that
these ill feelings were not grown in this particular Forum.  In fact I have
researched other related groups and found it to be an overflow from what is
happening in there into this group.  It is a sad but very real fact.

<P
><SPAN
class=296533811-24112003>
<P
><SPAN
class=296533811-24112003>Personally I do not contribute
much to the group,  I am a trader and after closing time, it is research
time and a bit of sleep somewhere in between.  I learn enough AFL to
provide in my needs etc. and when stuck, I turn to you personally or to the
group.  That is why it is here.  I happily give honour to those well
informed and obviously superior to the novice and honestly are grateful for
their help.
<P
><SPAN
class=296533811-24112003>
<P
><SPAN
class=296533811-24112003>These days asking for help goes
something like this out of fear for ridicule and embarrassment
:

  <DIV

  align=left><FONT face=Arial
  size=2>Stage 1

    <DIV

    align=left>Self
    degrading - "...sorry for being so stupid, but please...." , "...I know this
    might sound stupid, but please..."

  <DIV

  align=left><FONT face=Arial
  size=2>Stage 2

    <DIV

    align=left>Praise to
    the gods - a often used stage where overreacted praise gets given to
    the person who will hopefully give the help...

  <DIV

  align=left><FONT face=Arial
  size=2>Stage 3

    <DIV

    align=left>Sqeek
    Squick - the person would put his question as short as possible to
    ensure he/she is not to much of a bother often leading to frustration as the
    proper necessary details of the problem only appears after various failed
    help attempts...leading to further heat under the
    collars...

  <DIV

  align=left><FONT face=Arial
  size=2>Stage 4

  <DIV

  align=left>Praise the
  gods again for blessing them with their
attention...
<DIV

align=left>I know this
will probably not sit very well with some people in here, but is is the honest
truth...these stages have been forced onto people by means of examples of
replies to other fellow searchers...
<DIV

align=left><FONT face=Arial
size=2>
<DIV

align=left>In here we a a
true cosmopolitan of characters from all walks of life, from all over the world
and most importantly from different levels of interest and different levels of
knowledge.  Some might just want help to get over something now, others
want to learn more to help themselves in the future, We all rightfully have our
own agendas as to why we are here and why we ask for help and even why we help
others...  It is thus unfair to expect a person who is a true blood trader
who simply wants to change the moving average on his price graph once to make a
complete study of AFL.  Why not just be human and help him ?  Of cause
you do get the lazy ones, but surely it is easy to distinguish them from the odd
traveller who is just asking for directions - who you will probably never ever
see again...
<DIV

align=left><FONT face=Arial
size=2>
<DIV

align=left>It would
appear as if the old ways of helping and camaraderie has been replaced by the
assumption that in order to "earn" to be heard & helped you need to measure
up to the self-appointed elite.  The low tolerance for ideas and thoughts
from the lesser AFL informed is obvious.  No growth can prosper with this
kind of oppression.
<DIV

align=left><FONT face=Arial
size=2>
<DIV

align=left>I noticed your
posting a while back about "Reflections", I would however suggest as moderator,
you take a more serious stand in the matter as it does reflect upon your hard
work and your software.  I notice the total membership currently stands at
1597, a bit hard to believe if you look at how many people actually post
messages...
<DIV

align=left><FONT face=Arial
size=2>
<DIV

align=left>Like I
said, this posting might not sit very well with some people in here, if that
means nailing me to a cross and stoning me, go ahead, it will only strengthen my
case.  If it means that I do not post here again, so be it.  I would
gladly pay you a subscription fee to
answer my odd query now and then !
<DIV

align=left><SPAN
class=296533811-24112003>
<DIV

align=left>Is there
not enough hatred in the world, look at what happened in Istanbul last week,
look at the treats terrorist are waving at the world...look at the treats we are
to ourselves, don't you agree the the odd differences here and there in the
group really does not match up to these real life crisis's.  Don't you
people understand how blessed you are !
<DIV

align=left><SPAN
class=296533811-24112003>
<DIV

align=left><SPAN
class=296533811-24112003>
<DIV

align=left><SPAN
class=296533811-24112003>Regards
<DIV

align=left><SPAN
class=296533811-24112003>
<DIV

align=left><SPAN
class=296533811-24112003>
<DIV

align=left><SPAN
class=296533811-24112003>Louw-Roux Coetzer
<P
><SPAN
class=296533811-24112003>
<P
><SPAN
class=296533811-24112003>PS:  NO DEFENCE WILL BE
ACCOMMODATED IN ANY FURTHER COMMUNICATIONS
<P
><SPAN
class=296533811-24112003>
<P
><SPAN
class=296533811-24112003>
<P

      Louw-Roux Coetzer  -
      louwcoetzer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

      This e-mail
      message and all documents which accompany it are intended only for the use
      of the individual or entity to which addressed, and may contain privileged
      or confidential information.  Any unauthorized disclosure or
      distribution of this e-mail message is
  prohibited.