[amibroker] Must add symbols manually first when setting Up Quotetracker?

When setting up Quotetracker to work with AB on a daily database I
noticed the following:

I did NOT get the link between QT and AB working (ie no Today's
daily bar appears on charts) when i did the following:

1. Create new AB database with correct settings as in QT plugin
tutorial

2. Run Amiquote with my ticker list and have Amiquote automatically
do the 2 steps of adding symbols and bringing in historical data
into AB

However, I found the link between AB and QT DOES work properly when
I did the following:

1. Create new AB database with correct settings as in QT plugin
tutorial

2. Add all my symbols "manually" using Symbol->New in AB. After this
step I have a database full of symbols but no data

3. Run Amiquote and ask it to update the database with historical
data.

Anyone know why it wasn't working in the first case when i had
Amiquote just bring in historical data into a totally empty
database? If symbols need to be added manually first for the link to
work, maybe we can add this info to the QT plugin FAQ for the slow
coaches like me

Thanks a lot

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511