[amibroker] Re: RUVOL and BB system posted to AmiBroker library

Well, I have no idea what a "mathematically pure signal" is but looks
like that's a good thing because this certainly proves that
mathematics and especially the concepts of degrees of freedom and
robustness are absolutely useless in trading. ROTFLMAO!!!! This kind
of comment is *absurd* and why some people put TA and voodoo in the
same category.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Howard Bandy" <howardbandy@xxxx>
wrote:
> Greetings AmiBroker Group --
>
> Following is the response I received from Werner Gansz about the
RUTxx
> trading systems.
>
> Howard
>
> ---------------------------------------
<snip>
> I have no idea how robust it is or even what robust really means.
We had
> endless discussions about parameters and degrees of freedom and I
understand
> the theory but to date I have never seen a mathematically "pure"
signal that
> actually worked.  In 1997 or 98 a Dr. Meyer published several market
signals
> in TASC in which he pontificated endlessly about their statistical
purity.
> Unfortunately they stopped working almost before the ink was dry on
the
> magazine.  At that point I lost interest in mathematical theory and
> concentrated on market dynamics.
<snip>

> Good Luck,
>
> Werner