[amibroker] Re: any karnish watchers out there? For Steve

Steve, just what is OOS? Please spell it out for me.
thanks
nand

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "CedarCreekTrading" <kernish@xxxx>
wrote:
> Dave,
>
> I'm watching.  The QQQ and StoRSI relationship was presented,
again, last night at a DTG meeting in Denver (120 traders).  The
spirit of the indicator, triggers, and presentations were to present
momentum oscillators as a positioning indicator to trigger you into
trades.

> As I suggested in the public meeting:  If you test it straight
up....you will be taking many contra-trend positions (which is not my
style...I use some type of trend identification/qualifier with all my
trades).

> So, Dave, I would suggest retesting with your favorite definition
of "trend" and I believe you might get better results.  Secondly, the
only reason I presented the trigger levels of 13 and 87 is because
two years ago (at this forum and in public presentations) I presented
Exactly (with a capital E) the same ETF: QQQ, the same indicator and
the same trigger levels.

> Now in my book, the entire year has been OOS.   When I presented
this, the last four times in public, I caught big time flack from the
genius system testers (many that have never bought or sold a share of
stock). They complained that the results sucked for certain periods.
Of course, they ran their tests without any filters.  And, the
sharpest criticism came from the non-trading academics.

> I will continue to flash this indicator, ETF, triggers to the
public.  It's been cranking OOS since the day I presented it.  It's
my very opinionated, self-absorbed view that says:  OOS from ancient
history is very over-rated.  Let's continue to monitor the progress
of this approach in the only real OOS (the future).  And, please, for
all that may pooh-pooh an approach that was posted over a year ago,
please post any approach for this forum to monitor.  The test is the
future...not some historical aberrations that people insist on
testing.

> Take care,
>
> Steve

AFL with
>   someone else.
>
>   here are my QQQ StoRSI results, trading at next day's open w 1%
>   commission/slippage, no stops:
>
>   99:   0.25 %
>   00: 106.15 %
>   01: -38.58 %
>   02: -37.47 %
>   03:  21.29 %
>

>   here's the code I used; please confirm that too:
>
>   r = RSI(8);
>   StoRSI = EMA( (r - LLV(r, 8) ) / ( (HHV(r, 8) ) - LLV(r, 8) ), 3)
* 100;
>   buy = cover = Cross(13, StoRSI);
>   sell = short = Cross(StoRSI, 87);
>
>   (ideally, you'd add to your position each time you got another
cross w/o an
>   intervening reverse signal. can't do that in AB, so I didn't.)
>

>   is this what others see? is the AFL correct? any other comments or
>   corrections? what's wrong w this picture?
>
>   dave
>

>         Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
>

>   Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
>   Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx