Re: [amibroker] Yahoo Quotes not updating

Hi Greg,

Friday, November 21, 2003, 1:54:33 AM, you wrote:

G> I haven't been able to update historical quotes from Yahoo since
G> about Nov 14. I might get about 700-900 stocks updated and then
G> quotes stop coming in and I begin to get Timing Out messages. When
G> I try again I can't get even one quote. I haven't changed any
G> settings in AmiQuote just stops working for no apparent reason.

G> Is anyone else having this problem lately ?

I have experienced the exact same problem.  I also have a problem in
that there seems to be some inconsistency between 'Current' and
'Historical' data.

When I update using 'Current' data, I end up getting no volume on
several indices, and volume that is out of scale with the rest of the
volume with symbols ^DJA and ^DJI.  (Odd that I do not get this
volume scale problem with other symbols, but that's the case.) I can
'fix' this by switching to 'Historical', but often "there is no data"
is the error for ^DJI when I try. Eventually I get it, but it's a
PITA. (TJ, if you are reading this, I'm clearing *all* offline
content in the IE cache first.)

Yuki

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511