[amibroker] Re: Yahoo Quotes not updating

>From the helpfile:

Problem:Download from Yahoo starts fine but then stops (especially
on DSL, ADSL, cable modem connections)

 Yahoo is blocking you. After infamous Internet worm attack, Yahoo
considers quick, repeating multiple downloads as a "denial of
service" attack. If possible reconnect with diffferent IP (otherwise
you would need to wait half an hour or more until Yahoo unblocks
you)

Go to the AmiQuote "Settings" and set "Initial delay between
requests" to 1000 and "max number of simultaneous downloads" to 1.

Hope this helps,
Johan

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Greg" <gregbean@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I haven't been able to update historical quotes from Yahoo since
about Nov 14. I might get about 700-900 stocks updated and then
quotes stop coming in and I begin to get Timing Out messages. When I
try again I can't get even one quote. I haven't changed any settings
in AmiQuote just stops working for no apparent reason.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511