[amibroker] Re: Add To Composite Question

Jayson,
No reset would be horrible, every run would add new values.
The n=1 last bar would be X1, the n=2 would be X2, the n=3 would be
X3 etc !!
In the very first composites period, the reset property was N/A and
Tomasz guidelines were: Delete all composite tickers before any new
run [the force of habit makes me do the same even now !!]
On the other side, flag=0 is not in the list...
I am not even curious to try it. Do you ?
Anyway, Adrew's question was different, he wanted to somehow
concatenate the old and the new database after a probable change in
ASX synthesis.
Dimitris Tsokakis
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jayson" <jcasavant@xxxx> wrote:
> Dimitris,
> Again I have not tested it but if flag=1 resets value then perhaps
flag=0
> does not....
>
> Regards,
> Jayson

Problems
> > arise when the composition of ASX200 changes - Historical
> > AddToComposite values will also change.  What I would like is to
> > only update Todays value of composite and add this to the
historical
> > data.  Any suggestions?
> > Thanks
> > Andrew
> >
> Andrew,
> I do not know how to update ONLY the last, say, 3 bars.
> I know how to get the mixed composite:
> Suppose the OLD database is in WL40 and the NEW is in WL50.
> Suppose also the database change on Nov14, 2003.
> Then, you may run, for ALL stocks, all quotations the
> AddToComposite(IIf(DateNum()<1031114,InWatchList(40)*RSI
(),InWatchList

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511